Music Genres...................

Poesia [ ] T

Can someone exlpain to me why and what the fuck all these new music Genres are everytime i go to a blog read the Genre i have no clue what they are talking about and then i download it only to find out its shit..........

Electronic i think i know this one

Shoegaze WTF

Experimental Pretty much means could mean anyfucking thing correct

Noise ?

Glitch ?

Drone ?

Techno i know this one

dubsteb know it but would like a better explanation not my thing but hear it alot

Pop IKT

Dance IKT

Synth Pop IKT

Ambient i could guess

Post Rock ?

Folk IKT

Indie ?

IDM

EBM

Black Metal IKT

Pschadelic ?

Folk Rock ?

ALternative Is this still the same

Indie Rock ?

Slow Core ?

Dub ?

Darkwave ?

Downtempo ?

Chillwave ?

Dream Pop ?

Lo Fi ?

Garage Rock ?

Electro ?

Electronic ?

New Wave ? Does this still have the same meaning as it did ?

Post Punk ?

Space Rock ?

Indie Pop?

Electro Pop?

Tech House ?

Trip Hop IKT

Hip Hop IKT

Minimal ?

Abstract ?

Noise ?

Help a Brother out all the Artwork looks good but then i download shit and its hit and miss, alot have multiple genres.

I need to step My Music Genre IQ up so i too can be a Music aficionado

/No Artfag

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this is gonna turn into a huge big argument but

Indie is basically things like The Kooks, Kings of Leon, things like that. i think its incorrectly named indie because indie just means independent music, indie rock would be a better explanation. whenever i met a quote unquote "indie kid" who tells me they like "indie music" i always ask them what it sounds like and they give me a funny look and say "..like rock?" and i say "wouldnt that make it indie rock then..."

electro is a name given to the popular house songs played on the radio -- ones that have heavy synth sorta sounds. thats not really what electro is but thats what people seem to think it is these days.

dub step is really synthy and kind of like drum n bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOmu0Mjj96Y

post punk is hardcore screamy vocals with bitchy faggot not-quite-hardcore instrumental. like my chemical romance or any of that 14 yr old girl garbage

deadmau5 is minimal house, if that helps clarify minimal

electronic is like fatboy slim and moby and shit like that

trip hop is anything from gorillaz first album to portishead to some nerd rap 8th element of hip hop type shit

• Like 1

Most of these genres are nothing new at all, a lot of them have been around since the 70s and 80s. However, i do agree that all the genres and subgenres can be a bit much. I hate when i try to describe a band and have no idea where they should fit in and if my definition of a genre is at all the same as someone else's.

To bump a few off:

lo-fi = low fidelity = not of great quality. Usually recorded on analog 4tracks to cassette and tends to come up a lot with noise rock/punk/garage punk/garage rock/etc.

Garage punk/rock is generally lo-fi, fast, sloppy, and often drunk, and drugged out. There is a huge spread of shit that people classify as garage, from serious punk shit to just sloppy rock n' roll, to all sorts of other shit.

Noise is a pretty wide genre too. If we're talking the more rock/heavy end of the spectrum, there is usually a lot of distortion, feedback, dissonance, random noises, etc. I'm not too up on anything that falls into this category besides noise rock, but some other subgenres, i guess, are glitch, industrial, and shit of that sort. Noise rock is a lot of the time punk based and usually features a lot of distortion, noise, feedback and often strays in varying degrees from normal punk/rock song writing and riffs.

I could get into more, but i'll let other people take care of genres they know more about than me.

YEah come on man I'm more than likely older than you, haven't listened to ANYTHING new in over three years (live in a black hole) and I still know what half that shit it is! And half of it is shit too!!

Fuck it, I'm happy enough to just listen to some Rolling Stones, AC/DC, old school east coast hip hop and Australian pub rock these days.

/gettingoldoner

it's getting to the point where there's a genre just for one or two bands that pretty much do the same thing as everyone else but with a faggoty twist. to me music is either rock, rap, techno or country. fuck you if you think "folk pop indie rock" or anything like that is a kind of music. putting the word "indie" in front of a genre does not make it a different type of music, it just means your band sucks too much to get signed to a major label or that you're on some d.i.y. shit. grow up.

"Noise is a pretty wide genre too. If we're talking the more rock/heavy end of the spectrum, there is usually a lot of distortion, feedback, dissonance, random noises, etc. I'm not too up on anything that falls into this category besides noise rock, but some other subgenres, i guess, are glitch, industrial, and shit of that sort. Noise rock is a lot of the time punk based and usually features a lot of distortion, noise, feedback and often strays in varying degrees from normal punk/rock song writing and riffs."

i dont know if this is based on "houston noise", but if it is, RUN. Shit is nothing but 5 minutes of random noises and shit...

and crust punks suck crusty nuts