Teaching english abroad.

FruityLexia.

well they might be able to learn "hello" or "good bye" but good luck teching an entire new language to a person who grew up speaking savage and eating with two sticks.

if these people couldnt figure out that a wheel rolls better as a circle rather than square theres definatly cat in the wontons.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side jobs when you are on a work visa are also frowned upon and could get your ass deported if you aren't careful about it.

Some companies will not tolerate side jobs. You work exclusively for them or you are terminated. Not to say you could not get away with it...just might not be worth the risk.

Yeah, you are right. It's beyond the realm of possibility that anyone on earth could ever speak more than one language. Ever.

its just to difficult. and even if you are able to convert the chances of thinking in english and then blurting out normal words in with foreign ones would be huge.

i say stick to one and learn it as best as you can so you dont sound like an idiot when your ording take out and other shit.

i hate it when people like chefs try and pronounce single words like the natives from whatever country do. like, speak english. you are english. if its spelled one way but pronounced another, just read it how it sounds/spells.

there is no format to writing/typing with an accent, so why bother, do cats speak kangaroo? didnt think so.

i rest my case.

• 3 years later...

Bumping this old thread.

Any of u guys still teaching overseas?

My little brother has been in Vietnam for the past year making 18/hr teaching english and he's been bugging me about going out there to live it up with him.

Unlike him, I dont have a bachelors, so I wouldnt make as much, but he knows cats that just do private lessons and make decent money, or copped fake degrees in bangkok so they could get a work visa and work for a well paying company.

Hollar