You as a kid?

`Melinoe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back?! sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Life hasn't even begun for you yet.

When Mel was born:

I had an apartment

I was in college

Hip Hop was not dead yet

Chicago still had graffiti

Drank (shitty) beer, smoked (shitty) weed, made sexy time erry day and still wrote graffiti... yeah at that point I was kinda "old" for the graff game.

Thanks for making me feel old as dirt.

But at the same time I just took my dogs for a walk in my new hood, and can't believe my dumb luck for being able to live so fat. So age has its benefits.

I feel like I need to wipe my browser history after readin this thread

As corny as this is, I wanna know how other people felt about themselves when they were a younger kid, or what they were like. I've been looking back a lot lately for some reason (could be because my 16th birthday is coming up) and I noticed how weird of a kid I always was.

From the age of 5-10 I was a kid who was obsessed with Egypt, Archaeology, Funk/Disco/Jazz music and liked dark/offbeat stuff. I sat around and watched stuff like Invader Zim and though Daft Punk was amazing. I was always quiet and hung around my mom a ton. Never really wanted to go anywhere without her.

10-11 I went through a phase where I wanted everything sonic the hedgehog and decided I wanted to compose music for Sonic Team when I grew up.

12-13 Anime phase. Always liked Anime but I went completely Weeaboo. Not gonna go into much detail.

13.5-15 Sprouted hips and such, became more opinionated. That's really it I guess.

tl;dr. sorry

Trippy. I was fascinated with Egyptology/Archaeology when I was 5-10 or so.

I was reading college level crap that I didn't understand way back then just to

get closer to it. I was really fascinated with the deity's, though.

Happy bday btw. You're a year younger than my oldest niece. Haha.

Advice from an old man (old man to you): enjoy your teenage years.

Those are the best times in your life.

I'm just realizing I'm going to be an adult soon. >_> 16 is kind of a milestone, in my eyes.

If 30 is the new 21, 16 must be the new 7.

Be a teenager, don't worry about being a fucking adult. When you turn 18, start thinking about "adult" things. I expect you'll go to college when you're done with high school. That's when you'll have to start figuring out your "adult" shit.

Actually, don't listen to me. I'm a total fuck up. Smarten up now, learn how to trade stocks and bonds, make bank, eat steak every night, and die at an orgy from a cocaine induced heart attack.

Be a teenager, don't worry about being a fucking adult. When you turn 18, start thinking about "adult" things. I expect you'll go to college when you're done with high school. That's when you'll have to start figuring out your "adult" shit.

agreed...dont be in such a rush to grow up.

and definitely go to college.