Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SwampFightOner

I fucking hate vets

Seriously, why the fuck is health care for an animal SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE?

I took my ferret to the vet today, and found out he has adrenal disease. They tell me that it can be treated, and the best way to do that is an ultrasound and a hormone shot, for $500. That sounds reasonable, and I tell them to go for it.

Bout an hour later they bring my little buddy back to me, and I'm ready to take him home all happy when they tell me to have him back in a month for another $200 shot. Wait, what?

Turns out the shot doesn't cure the disease, as they implied, it merely stops the progression of it. So I go home not knowing what the fuck to do, and decide to look into the problem more myself. Turns out that although the shot does slow the progression of the disease (which it better fucking do for that price), they usually become immune to it after awhile. At that point an $1,800 surgery to remove the affected gland is the way to go. Only problem with that is that after they remove that (the left one, in his case) it's highly likely that the other one will become infected, and since the right one is associated with the main blood supply, the next surgery would be even more expensive. Not only that, but since he'd no longer be naturally producing the hormones he needs from those glands, he'd hafta go back on a daily pill and monthly shot anyways.

Basically it's all one big fucking circle designed to draw every last cent they can out of a person, taking advantage of the fact that they love their pet...FUCK.

i see only 1 solution to this

break in and steal they ketaset and pheno

• Like 2

lame.

our ferret had adrenal disease and it just sort of "went away" after a while. He was going to have to get shots and all that but we never ended up treating it and he ended up living well into average ferret age...

I'm going to give him one round of these antibiotics, and then I'm not going back next month for his next shot.

I love the little bastard, but I'm not the kind of person to throw potentially upwards of 5 stacks at a problem, when that might not even solve it.

Hopefully it turns out like your's did :-/

Put the weasel in a plastic bag and throw it into the river, probably cost you $.50 for the bag.

Then go and buy another weasel with the savings.

• Like 1

hahaha that's fucking harsh... but i'm dying at geez calling it a weasel... i dont know why.

sucks that ferrets end up getting adrenal disease so frequently... they're resilient little fuckers so hopefully your dude pulls through.

we had to have surgery on one of our girls' arms that she broke... had a little pin put in and all that. i don't even know how much my mom dropped on that little shithead.

my dog had a run with a nasty ear infection and i had to take her a couple times to get that shit straighten out. one vet didn't do shit, and her infection got worse - even after the $500 pills and additional couple hundred for other misc. shit they did. so i went to another vet, same deal - $500ish and some dough for pills. she's all good now, and her ear infection is gone but damn. costs a grip of money. i looked into dog health insurance, and the vet pretty much told me my dog's too old to qualify for it.

sorry for ur ferret, i've never handled one, but they look fucking dope as hell via kindergarten cop

^ i don't even want to know, i'll deal w/ that when the times comes i guess

reminds me of when my pops told me i could have a peep at his will. i said fuck u and told him i'll read it when i have to. fuck all that noise

/stayingnotdepressed

The vets too fucking expensive, My dog has seixures every once in a while and they want like 2 bills just to look at him. what the fuck, just to look at him and be like oh he a labrador, not even tests

Swamps internet persona won't allow me to believe he owns a ferret. Is it your sisters? or your girls or something?

Don't get me wrong ferrets are great and all, I just can't picture it.

Swamps internet persona won't allow me to believe he owns a ferret. Is it your sisters? or your girls or something?

Don't get me wrong ferrets are great and all, I just can't picture it.

Nope, all mine...I have a cat too. I like animals, what can I say?

isnt it the same, but ten times more expensive for humans to recieve medical treatment in america too?

500 bucks for a shot for a ferret??? dont new ones cost like 40?

not trying to be an asshole, but im saying, you build up a relatinoship with your ferret like you would with a dog/cat?

not trying to be an asshole, but im saying, you build up a relatinoship with your ferret like you would with a dog/cat?

More so than any relationship with a cat, and very comparable to mine with my dog who I had for 10 years.

They're smarter than cats and dogs, so I don't see why you wouldn't

More so than any relationship with a cat, and very comparable to mine with my dog who I had for 10 years.

They're smarter than cats and dogs, so I don't see why you wouldn't

every nerd ever indicates that smarter doesn't always mean more sociable. thats crazy though, ferrets can distinguish one human from another and shit?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now