Need to learn Math again

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, aside from having lightning fast adding/subtracting/multiplication/division skills, I'm pretty useless in math,

I dropped out in the 11th grade, but I really stopped showing up for class/doing anything in class in the 10th, so any math after that I didn't learn in the first place.

I was always more an English/History person anyways

Also, I remember so many times in high school that I was like "why will I ever need to know how to do this?!!?" and teachers would say "because when you won't have a calculator in your pocket everyday when you grow up."

OH YEAH?

iphone_braun.jpg

^^Haha, so true.

Fuck math, unless you're in a career that requires it you only need the very basics.

I did horrible in math and still hate it till this day.

What sort of math and for what purpose? Years after dropping out of high school I went to community to learn math.

I found that as a adult I was able to take the process seriously and ended up doing quite well and followed it through farther than I needed to because it was so satisfying.

I love the sense of accomplishment that comes from learning something that looked so foreign and difficult a couple weeks back. Dominating trig was one of the more rewarding things I have done at a table.

you know. as much as i can relate to this thread, i really can't. because in all of my years meeting fellow mathematically slow people, 90% of them are not nearly as bad at the subject as they claim to be. i'm probably at a 3rd grade level. literally. thanks to a legitimate "learning disability" so they called it. and i don't rightly give a fuck. proceed my dudes.

After wasting 4 years in college taking only art, art history, english, history, and social science classes, I'm now confronted with taking 7 classes that are all hard math and science in order to get into masters program i want. Fuck my life. I cant read 3 sentences in my stats book without zoning out. Ill read five pages and realize that literally nothing soaked in.

• Like 1