MISSING BONER.. now DEAD BONER

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

A little late but here you go anyways.

The body of Growing Pains star Andrew Koenig, who had been missing for nearly two weeks, was discovered in a Vancouver park Thursday. He committed suicide, his father said.

Growing Pains star goes missing

Koenig's body was found in Stanley Park about noon, Vancouver police said. Friends of Koenig initiated their own search of the park and invited his father, Star Trek alumnus Walter Koenig, along. His body was found in a densely wooded area where it initially was unseen from the path.

Search and rescue teams had scoured the park Wednesday and found no evidence that Koenig had been there recently. The park was known to be one of the actor's favorite spots when he lived in the city in the early '90s.

"My son took his own life," Walter Koenig said, trying to keep his composure at a news conference Thursday night. "The only other thing I want to say — I've already said what a great guy he was, and good human being — he was obviously in a lot of pain."

The Vancouver police would not give details on cause of death but "have no reason to believe that foul play was involved at all," Constable Jana McGuinness said. The case has been turned over to the British Colombia coroner's office.

Andrew Koenig's parents walked off Larry King Live for "personal reasons"

Koenig's father went on to mention "hundreds of e-mails" he had received from depressed people and their loved ones and express hope this tragedy would help them.

"If you're one of those people who ... can't handle it anymore," he said, breaking down in tears, "if you can learn anything from this is that there are people out there that really care. You may not think so, and ... ultimately, it may not be enough. But there are people who really, really care. And before you make that final decision, check it out again. Talk to somebody. And to families who have members who they fear are susceptible to this kind of behavior, don't ignore it, don't rationalize it. Extend a hand."

Koenig's mother, Judy Levin-Koenig , echoed those sentiments: "There is love out there."

The 41-year-old Venice, Calif., resident was last seen by friends Feb. 14 during a visit to Vancouver. Friends and family reported him missing Feb. 16, when he did not return to Los Angeles as scheduled.

Kirk Cameron "praying" for missing Growing Pains co-star

The Koenigs previously held a news conference at the Vancouver Police Department on Wednesday afternoon. They were later scheduled to appear on Larry King Live to discuss their missing son, but walked off the set moments before their segment because of "personal reasons," according to Walter Koenig's website.

Koenig is best known for his role as Boner, the best friend of Kirk Cameron's Mike Seaver, on Growing Pains and appeared frequently from 1985 to 1989. During the search for Koenig, Cameron told People he was "praying for his family during this time of distress and for his safe return."

Andrew Koenig's dad: "I just want to know you're OK"

Koenig also appeared in various TV shows, including Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, My Two Dads and 21 Jump Street. He dabbled in directing and writing as well, with a 2004 short called Woman in a Green Dress.

I dumped a girl in 6th grade because she was obsessed with Kirk Cameron. I couldn't deal with that fact. To be honest, I'd divorce a woman now if she told me she loved that guy. I actually told my current girlfriend that the other day.

hahahahaha,

co-sign. I actually dated a girl who was into that doofus from broke back mountain, I had to let her go. wasnt good for me ego. :lol: