U.S.M.C

PentiumOrange

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey brother,

I'm in the marines right now, so pm me with any questions you have.

Any of these jackasses telling you to use crossfit are wrong. My last platoon commander was big into crossfit, he went to all the seminars and got certified, and he was a weak bitch. Yea crossfit does alot of pull ups, but guess what none of them fucking count, all they do is kip and cheat. Which in reality crossfit is all about cheating, using any and all advantage you can to get the exercise done.

Now bear in mind, crossfit does work. But crossfit alone is not going to get you into any sort of shape. Now if you lift regularly and then supplement that with some crossfit thats reasonable. But your goals here are I can imagine losing weight, because no one can do only one pull up. So you have to run, HAVE TO RUN.

A bunch of people are going to scare you and say the marine corps running is so hard, its not, I went to bootcamp almost 4 years ago, and yea it changes alot down there because of mothers of america and all the pussy kids coming in now. We rarely ran more than 3-5 miles, if ever. Dont worry about getting yourself into killer shape, and if you think boot camp is going to do it your wrong.

Dont let them psych you out before you go down to paradise island or san diego, stay positive because lord knows youll need it. Physically boot camp isn't all that challenging, but you get treated like constant shit. There are times when I look back and I am ashamed, not at being a marine but at how I acted. You dont feel like a man, or a normal person the entire 3 months your at bootcamp. Just keep your head straight and remember they cant stop the clock, youll be miserable and tired and all that jazz the entire 3 months, but you got your boys going through it too.

trust me i did enough fucking crossfit to realise it doesnt help...

crossfit works, dont get wrong i hate it but i know it works.

it DOES NOT WORK FOR THE MILITARY. it is the most retarded thing if your going to the military, if you wanna look good and not be practical, go crossfit

I already stated that crossfit is good but you do need to supplement.

Crossfit doesnt run, you need to run

Crossfit doesnt do correct pull ups thats true but if you can kip 100 pull ups, all you have to do is practice form and you can do 20 correct pull ups.

Like I said, get in shape, run and get prepared. Boot will do the rest

crossfit works.

kipping is meant to be done as an introductory exercise for those who can't high rep proper dead hang pull ups. once you've mastered the kip and are 'strong' you have two options--'traditional' pull ups at a lower rep, or kips at high rep. its a different exercise that builds differently.

same as a high rep/low weight bench vs high weight/low rep. depends what your goals are.

the problem isn't that it doesn't make you fit, its that it doesn't make you fit according the apft or the mpft (assuming thats what you guys call it). pushups, situps, and a run are hardly measurements of one's overall fitness. i think its very practical, and besides running very complete.

and yes, crossfit should be supplemented with running or swimming

edit: further on pull ups--its important to do regular and wide arm, and if it can be done on rings even better. as with anything--doing 1 style of 1 exercise is not enough to build that muscle group correctly

army basic 3 years ago was a joke, and its only gotten worse.

soldiers can only be called 'warrior' or 'soldier,' not private, dickbag, shithead, retard, assfuck, etc...

the hardest part about basic training is dealing with 18 years old who think they're king shit.

also "YOU'RE boot camp," christo, you know better.

Interesting read

hard for me to imagine some of the marines I work with being able to do this stuff

they're civilian now with beer bellies

but still have massive shoulders and forearms

can't def tell kicking ass used to be their job.

Also, don't be that stereotypical marine douche when you go out to the bar if you end up in San Diego. I hate those guys. We can spot marines from a mile away, if yer chill most of the time you'll be bought a beer from a random stranger at the bar. Be cool.

Stay Safe and thanks for your service. All of you guys. Thanks.

• Like 2

most crossfit dudes just look really skinny.

this is about half true.

as a climber and cyclist i don't want extra bulk, i just want strength.

if you're into the whole big build just to be big thing, crossfit is not for you.

anyhow, this has all been discussed in the unofficial workout thread in ch0

i would like to see you kip 100 pull ups bro,

and there is running in crossfit, just not far.

i wont say crossfit isn't good for military, let me rephrase.

crossfit is retarded for INFANTRY marines, i dont know about all the other jobs and shit, i dont know about the army and navy. this shit does not get you ready for anything your going to do on deployment. go ahead and be a skinny crossfit bitch and when you gotta lift someone out of the turret wearing an addition hundred and fifty pounds of gear and more people die because your a weak bitch and cant get the gun back in the fight, its your own fault.

• Like 1

the marines i've seen in country don't wear much more than i do, and i carry a 203 and am RTO. i doubt i'm at 75 with all that. if you're saw/240 or whatever marines use i could see hitting that 100 mark tho.

and random--i carry an m4, not a m16 so if yours is shorter what are you carrying? also THAN

I carry nothing because I am such a bad ass. Actually the last weapon I shot was a couple a of weeks ago, an M11 with the General's PSD.

I had to shoot on the CID tables so I had to have a holster and a Suit Jacket on...pretty weak. But I showed those boys how we do it with first time go Expert.

quick on the draw, eye like the eagle

I carry nothing because I am such a bad ass. Actually the last weapon I shot was a couple a of weeks ago, an M11 with the General's PSD.

I had to shoot on the CID tables so I had to have a holster and a Suit Jacket on...pretty weak. But I showed those boys how we do it with first time go Expert.

quick on the draw, eye like the eagle

So says the keyboard warrior.