After years of hating, I am now a convert....

sneak

iphone.jpg

after many many years of hating on apple and the people who use apple related products, i have finally had enough of my phone provider and have joined the darkside.

problem is, i have no idea what im doing with this phone. on a whim, and because its my birthday i thought id treat myself...i did no research in the slightest other than talk to friends who have one. they all raved about it...

so, whats good about the iphone my fellow, way more tech savvy than me, oontzers?

what are good apps to get? how do i get them? how do i use them?

seriously..im not used to this all in one technology. i have a phone to make phone calls on. i have numerous cameras to take flicks on. i have a mp3 player to listen to tunes. i have paper maps to work out how to get places....

;)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I like most Apple products, but I dunno about these Iphones. I think I like Blackberries more. Whatever, they're useless in Korea anyway.

Just don't EVER become one of those people that insist on showing you Youtube videos 24-7. That's my only concrete advice.

That's my main gripe about these things. Going out to the bar or whatever to hang with friends and you get 3 retards with these phones showing each other stupid ass viral videos or pics of some dumb shit they saw that day. Put the phone away and socialize you feebs.

My best advise would be to get your mp3's organized in you're itunes since that's the main reason to have an iphone.

Also, set up your settings for a darker screen and to go to sleep after a minute if you want you're battery charge cycle to last more than a year.

My main shit is beejive ($10)

It sinks all your chats and what not with push notification so when somone starts a chat my shit vibrates.

Also, Yelp is a must have, even if you live out in the burbs.

Type in "gastation" "mexican food" and a map of the closest ones comes up and you can read/leave reviews.

And Pandora is pretty usefull.

open it up when you hear a song you like and it finds the title and album for you.

You can even pull the youtube video for that song and listen to it right away.

Other than that the rest are pretty much useless to me after the novelty wears off IMO.

i dont even use itunes.

the few (less than 100 mp3s) i have open in windows media player.

i cant explain how much of a technophobe i am.

i use pcs, use internet explorer, lost my personal music players years ago (i rocked a tape walkman up untill 2005), i have a favebook but rarely get any updates or comments...

was it really worth it?

i mean a weather app would be usefull and i hear you can get spotify too which could be cool but dont you need an invite or something? are there any good camera apps on it?

and apparantly you can get a full european satnav on there?

i dont even use itunes.

the few (less than 100 mp3s) i have open in windows media player.

i cant explain how much of a technophobe i am.

i use pcs, use internet explorer, lost my personal music players years ago (i rocked a tape walkman up untill 2005), i have a favebook but rarely get any updates or comments...

was it really worth it?

i mean a weather app would be usefull and i hear you can get spotify too which could be cool but dont you need an invite or something? are there any good camera apps on it?

and apparantly you can get a full european satnav on there?

Still, I'd highly recommend the itunes, I was the same way a while back with torrents and itunes.

It's frustrating as fuck to get used to but worth all the effort one you get it down.

It took me a month to get all my shit organized and learn how to use it but now that I have it it's mad easy.

Hundreds of albums represented by the album cover and oganized by date, genre and whatever.

I even have different playlists set up for the different types of females that roll through.

Any possible song and album at you're fingertips everywhere you roll, I haz now.

I can't stand Apple shit. Only reason I even have an iPod is because I "won" it for free in a rigged raffle.

However, I did just recently go over to the darkside as far as smart phones go. Finally traded in my Sidekicks (5 years strong) for an HTC Touch Pro 2

HTC touch pro 2 is the fucking deal.