Martin Scorsese Appreciation Thread

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I love about Raging Bull is that it can be an intense drama or a hilarious comedy depending on how you feel going into it. Half the shit he says in that movie can sound batshit insane in a really funny or demented way.

Wanna laugh? Look at it as a comedy.

Wanna be impressed with a troubled man's life? Look at it as a drama.

Either way you win.

Is that new talk or from an old interview?

Only time I ever heard mention of it was when Deniro was on the Actor's Studio saying he and Scorsese were saying it would be interesting to see Travis 30 years later. That was just a thought though.

That was in 2000, right? The last mention I can find of it was in 2005 in an interview with the NY post, but even then they were saying it'd be some years away

I say leave Taxi Driver alone. DeNiro at this point in his career either seems to choose roles where he is mocking previous roles (Meet the Parents, that shrink movie) or just flat out doing shit he's already done. I don't think a Taxi Driver 2 could possibly be good.

Mean Streets is MY SHIT, that movie is/was so groundbreaking. It came out in 73! Amazing.