Please Rob Me.com

Zoes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some guy named adam set up 24 hr webcams on justin.tv of his neighborhood in san francisco's tenderloin.

at any time of the day, you could see the view from his 4th (or 5th?) story apartment in both directions.

it was exploitation of the homeless and drug users in that area. the homeless and drug users didnt know about the webcams.

fat ralphy held up some banners, we went into their chatroom and talked shit...triple snapped some photos of the guy, shai sent the guy an email...in the end, he got scared and took down his site.

he then claimed people on 12oz threatened him and archived the 40 something page thread to take to the police. i think the thread got deleted...i saved his archive somewhere in pdf format.

cliff notes, awesome! bcuz i have no idea.

Watching this get played up for the 8.000.000th time makes me wonder, "is this as good as 12 oz gets? Was this really that big of a high point?"

Once again, I'm on a totally different wavelength than Channel Zero and it's not a bad thing.

That's why I don't brag about how big of an e-thug I was in 2008...I actually have some self respect, and I like to think I have the potential to learn from my mistakes so I can be a better person/less of a jerk.

I don't expect a lot of you to agree with or understand what I'm getting at here, but do yourself a favor and don't try to call me out on this.

tis the double edged sword of the internet.

Let’s Put a Few Things in Perspective

"Today, I was amazed that an event that happened in my life nearly 14 months ago was still being talked about on a small but active Internet message board. The events of December, 2008, also known as “AdamsBlock” is something I long ago abandoned for more modest opportunities that didn’t call for putting my life at risk. I hope the project is a success but it will be without my direct involvement and I’m okay with that. The small group continues to talk about their “work” toward forcing me out of my San Francisco apartment and into hiding and every month I see referral links from the message board as the same people reminisce about this one thing that they did as a group. Today’s thread was no different and you can check it out here.

I’m going to use this message board as an example for a post I’ve been thinking of writing for a while. Keep in mind, this is just an example and not a direct attack on the members of the community or their beliefs.

Let’s put a few things in perspective. Tom is sitting behind his computer, a fan of artistic self expression (graffiti) and loves talking about it and sharing his opinions with a like minded community. He types away on a Sony laptop from a coffee shop in lower Manhattan. Each day, Tom signs onto a message board powered on a co-located web server and types in text that are his opinions and other people read them. This community of a few thousand people sit and talk every day about art, politics, news and “lulz” (funny stuff). He puts quite a bit of time into this talking about others, sharing his ideas and generally “shooting the shit.” What is the value that Tom puts on this forum? What is actually occurring that is so grand or life altering about the time he spends on this message board? What is he actually accomplishing?

The same can be said about most entertainment such as video games, sex, sports and television. Taking things one step further and it can be the case for dating, our jobs, our homes and our possessions. We build up complexities to distract us from the important things such as survival..."

adam_j4.jpg

Watching this get played up for the 8.000.000th time makes me wonder, "is this as good as 12 oz gets? Was this really that big of a high point?"

of course it was a high point:

it had all the makings of a high point:

it crossed over into real life,

average people on the street had no idea what was going on,

it had a set timeframe (we all knew when ralphy was going to do it),

it had in jokes that only channel zero heads would understand (bacon FTW),

and let's face there were cats all round the world watching this,

and channel zero was pretty fuckin unified at that moment ( Imagine there were a lot of breaths being held at 1 minute before ralphie was going to do it and a lot of laughs when he started doing it.)

so that makes it a high point!

but Iwill say i'm only referring to the sign waving and forum takeover

not the events that followed it

^im gonna have to agree with schnitzel.

i remember all of us in the chat room waiting for ralphy to get there with the signs....he was running late, and many of us didnt think he was gonna show.

he showed up and did his thing.

it was awesome....we all laughed, and he got props.

everyone wins.

^im gonna have to agree with schnitzel.

i remember all of us in the chat room waiting for ralphy to get there with the signs....he was running late, and many of us didnt think he was gonna show.

he showed up and did his thing.

it was awesome....we all laughed, and he got props.

everyone wins.

And had it ended there, I'd feel differently.

Nobody knows for sure if the threats against Adam and his girlfriend came from 12 oz, but that's not the point. 12 oz collectively seems to value street cred or "honor among thieves," I don't really know what to call it..."keeping it real" sums up the mentality pretty well.

Which is fine, I've been there and even now I'm far from being a model citizen. But one thing I would NEVER do is anonymously threaten someone's life at a distance, or the life of someone close to them nor would I condone other people doing it. That's right up there with the worst kind of cowardly bitch-made behavior you can pull when you're breaking the law.

Obviously I'm in the minority, since I was one of the only people who didn't think it was funny or that he deserved that kind of stress and I said so to a mostly indifferent audience...and that's why I lost a lot of respect for 12 oz as a group.

Not on an individual level, though- if we hang out then you're doing something right. But if you've ever met me in person and wondered why I refrain from talking about 12 oz, that's why.

So you can make jokes and say I'm uptight all you want, it's not going to make me change my mind...but it does make the idiots a lot easier to spot.

I thought it was funny.

But hey, I neg anyone that has more than two tampons just to see how red they can get.

And regardless of whatever happened, because I didn't pay any attention to it all until after it went down (I saw the thread grow like an MF but never bothered to check it), This Adam dude still looks and sounds like a total fucking testicle.

Actually nah fuck it, I'm going to elaborate as I assume he is reading this after that stupid dribble in regards to survival.

How the fuck does this saggy arse toy cuddling attention freak have any idea about what a dude does away from posting on an internet forum? Seriously, what are you dude, the world's number one psychologist that can accurately analyse personality and action from a few shit talking posts? Get an idea, dickhead!!

Going off where many of the people on this site live and the kind of lifestyle we all obvioulsy have in common being that we've all come together here due to an involvement in crime I'd say that we've all got a better grip on survival and how to do it better than most other Joe averages from the get go.

Oh, and you do martial arts and carry a gun, well aren't you just Chuck Norris?! You think you're the only one in the world who has ever done that? and how good are you with that gun, Adam? Ever been on a two way range and actually slotted some one? I've lost count of the amount of people on here who have been deployed on military operations to parts of the world where survival is the priority and here you are thinking that anyone who posts on a forum is fucking latte sipper. Get a fucking hold of yourself you idiot. You wouldn't have a fucking clue what people are like due to them posting a bit of shit here. I don't take any more than 20% of what's written here with any seriousness.

In short, you're rather fucking sloppy at survival yourself, fat boy. You threw yourself, your face and your location out there for the world to see in a way that invited the jungle to your doorstep and now you'd rather not have all that attention after all. You exposed yourself and people were able to walk up to on the street and shove cameras in your face. Too bad if that were a gun instead of a camera or it wasn't from the front that they approached you, survival boy.

You wouldn't have a fucking clue what we are like away from here and what some people do with their lives. I'd say that YOU'RE the one that needs to be improving your survival instincts and skills, not us, ya fucking namby!!

• Like 1

i will try to find the pdf of the thread...there were only a handful of people that were like "yeah, find this guy and burn him at the stake!"...

..and that was only after he started talking shit about 12oz...

but people were really gonna scare this guy to teach him a lesson, but as for violence against him, i dont think any of the threats were serious.

as for me, i was part of the "lol, did you see what ralphy just did?" crowd.

dudes a faggot.end of story.i hate vigilantes...if its you or someone you know who is being harrassed or robbed or whatever else then yeah step up its all good but constantly watching people and getting people caught up for dumbshit like vagrancy and vandalism...fuck it.then he gets shook when someone calls him out in the street and takes pictures of him.he brought that on himself.i hate nosey people.reminds me of this tiger woods shit.everyone wants to get into his business and shit.their just nosey people who feel the need to pry into others lives,they know its wrong but they make excuses like "well he's in the public eye now and so therefore i have the right to follow him around all day with cameras and over analyze every little thing he does for the slightest imperfection so that i can pounce on him and drag him down" they do this with every celebrity.i equate this to what adam is doing.he's a nosey prick who knows its wrong to spy on neighbors and whoever else but does it anyways under the guise of helping fight crime or whatever else in the tenderloin...fuck that.you made your bed now lie in it.you shouldn't have put yourself out there like that and you shouldn't have put peoples lives and freedom on the line.

bottom line mind your own business.no one likes a snitch...

Shai you take the internet way too seriously sometimes. Seems to me this was some harmless internet geek shit. If some guy from a messageboard threatened my life over the internet I wouldn't think twice about it.

Wait, wait, wait...where do the people who were threatening this guy fit into on your spectrum of "taking the internet too seriously?" I was telling everyone to calm down and think about what they were doing/saying on a public forum, but that's no fun.

Also, dragging Adam out to flog him every couple of months over a year after the fact doesn't make him look bad. In fact, from what I've heard it seems to be having the opposite effect...I'll let everyone think about that one for a minute.

OH NO, ADAM AND OTHER PEOPLE LIKE HIM THINK WE'RE ALL INTERWEB SAVAGES BECAUSE HE WAS THREATENED! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!

Not that I really care about his faggy little camera experiment since I live on the other side of the country and it didn't affect me in any way, but it'd make me smile if someone hurt him in a severe manner

Hey shai-

Calm down dude. I know that you're better at 12oz than all of us. No you didn't explicitly state that, but you are implying it. Yes 12oz doesn't always behave very well. Yes it would be nice to see the retards thinned out. Yes it would be nice for people to act more mature and not just regurgitate 4chan. Yes it would also be nice if people thought even 10 seconds before they posted any little thing.

But it would also be nice if I could sip on cognac while getting domed by Sasha Gray on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. But I know that ain't gonna happen, and I keep on trucking. I know you mean well, but relax and have a little fun! It's still here, even if you gotta dig through some shit to find it...

Wait, wait, wait...where do the people who were threatening this guy fit into on your spectrum of "taking the internet too seriously?" I was telling everyone to calm down and think about what they were doing/saying on a public forum, but that's no fun.

Also, dragging Adam out to flog him every couple of months over a year after the fact doesn't make him look bad. In fact, from what I've heard it seems to be having the opposite effect...I'll let everyone think about that one for a minute.

For one I couldn't care less what this guy was doing. It's just funny what happened. He still seems like a big fuckhead to be honest and people tend to clown on big fuckheads right?

It's just a case of some internet bullying. Nothing to get all political about and try to take the higher moral ground over some bullshit. As for the people that were threatening him how many of them do you think were being serious or were doing it for the lulz?

12oz isn't an underground militia it's just a group of random people goofing around with a similar interest.