PHO - the best shit on Earth

Croupier

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Cambodian family a few streets over from my parent's crib used to catch neighborhood cats and dogs and eat them, true story.

Refugees don't fuck around man! My girl's family doesn't fuck with dogs and cats, but her brother comes home with deer all season long. They use everything. No lie, they even use the bile to cook with, it's awesome. They make the best fucking jerky.

Cool.

I guess my little RI Cambo history lesson was more for T1k4 or whatever his name is now.

oh like you couldn't scroll up just to look....

bastard...

2yzlboz.jpg

i went here today after reading this thread. their broth is particularly good but the real reason i go here is because the dude who owns it drives an 08 escalade on 24s with spinners. It's white, and the license plate says..

"HOA TY"

the bay rules sometimes.

uh i don't think pronouncing it like FUH is really pronouncing it like a native. It's not spelled PHO. It's spelled Phở .

those little doo dads mean you pronounce it different. O has a few different pronunciations even in english.

if i pronounced DOG like doog you guys would talk shit right? yes you would...

pronouncing perro as pero is a whole fucking different word. so the fact that they try shows they are trying to pronounce a different word.

you guys suck at life.

no, fake ass fakin the funk ass faggots that try and speak native in order to "honor" the culture they are partaking. they fail at life.

i pronounce it PHO because one solid good reason... never in my life has an O made an UH sound.

being respectful of cultures and being a complete faggot are two different things, with a fine line between them. also, white people annoy me when they emulate different cultures because they do not know their own.

dude it's not pronounced FOE. it's not emulating a different culture. it's just pronouncing it right. the first time i ever heard it it was pronounced FUH. Just because you're white trash doesn't mean you're beyond pronouncing words right.

Say it however you want. But seriously. English is a retarded language. All vowels can be used to pronounce a shit ton of letters. You blindly pronounce COLONEL and KERNEL exactly the same. but somehow pronouncing PHO as FUH is against your fucking morals.

weird.

oh like you couldn't scroll up just to look....

bastard...

2yzlboz.jpg

i went here today after reading this thread. their broth is particularly good but the real reason i go here is because the dude who owns it drives an 08 escalade on 24s with spinners. It's white, and the license plate says..

"HOA TY"

the bay rules sometimes.

i work close by there. i been there a few times. sometimes the ghetto-est lookin spots are the best. have you been to the pho spot on hesperian and A st.?

i work close by there. i been there a few times. sometimes the ghetto-est lookin spots are the best. have you been to the pho spot on hesperian and A st.?

you either work at a car place or la pinata...

i actually work at a tattoo shop QUITE near there. you could probably guess which one...

and no but i have been to the pho place that used to be Yens japanese right on a st off the freeway. The flies inside give it that third world feel.

the pho wasn't that bad either.

pho is good, but i dont think its the best thing on earth.

i usually get the tái Phở add meatball xl bowl.

then throw in the bean sprouts, jalapeños, lemon juice.... ect..

It's all about the broth... & I prefer a lime wedge vs. lemon. For the meat, the only thing I can't fuck w/is tendon. Got that once & I had to choke that shit down. Tripe, rare steak & fatty flank is the way to go.

Mmmm, Nigerian bootleggers.

"Sir! It breaks my heart that you are not a woman, because I have lovely bags for such people as them. Maybe you have a wife or sister, possibly a girlfriend that you would like to buy a wonderful discounted designer bag for? Birthdays are a blessing that come only once a year and they are never guaranteed to see the next, so maybe you should plan ahead and surprise them with nice bags such as the ones I have for you right here. Very good prices, I assure you, sir. No? Do you like silver? Ibogaine? Kola nut? Maybe next time my good friend! God bless you!"

i didnt see any nigerian bootleggers, but i picked up some bootleg cds on canal street.

i did see jamaican bootleggers in times squares....selling fake rolexes....i went with one into a restaurant next to sabarros and bought a nice fake rolex for $23.

you guys still got those guys out there?...if im ever in new york again, im buying a bunch of them...i can easily flip each of those rolexes for $50-$60 a pop.

Racha in Seattle is a Thai joint that has a Thai version of Pho that is quite good. That is a little fancier than most, a good rule of thumb in finding a good Pho spot in Seattle is the number of Mexicans in there, for whatever reason Mexicans love the Pho. Never tried "What the Pho?" in Bellevue but have always liked the name.

than brothers. all you need.

you either work at a car place or la pinata...

i actually work at a tattoo shop QUITE near there. you could probably guess which one...

and no but i have been to the pho place that used to be Yens japanese right on a st off the freeway. The flies inside give it that third world feel.

the pho wasn't that bad either.

why i gotta work at a car place or la pinata tho? why cant i work at ace hardware, or Lucky's? haha i actually do work at a car spot.

that place off A st and the 880 freeway sucks. the food sucked and took them hella long to bring me my food. i did make off with a few of their salt shakers tho.

this one is pretty good. my ex used to take me to this one all the time.

pho.jpg

that's not pho oakland is it? cause pho oakland is owned by the same people who own pho hua ty in the stack...

also. TOLD YOU... I be knowing...

you guess what tattoo shop i work at?