New York: Great place to live, bad place to die

DonCheadle

Mortuary Technicians play with corpses

Posted: 4:22 AM, February 15, 2010

Ghouls are at play in the city's morgues. The people employed to respectfully handle the remains of the deceased have instead turned cadavers and body parts into macabre playthings, The Post has learned.And they shockingly documented their depraved foolery in photos taken as keepsakes. Grinning mortuary technicians use corpses as props in dozens of disturbing Polaroids obtained by The Post. Perhaps most disturbing of all is mortuary technician Kaihl Brassfield holding a severed head in a classic Heisman Trophy football pose.

"It was stupid," Brassfield, 35, told The Post. "It was just the culture there. Everyone was doing it."

kaihl_brassfield--300x300.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
"It was stupid," Brassfield, 35, told The Post. "It was just the culture there. Everyone was doing it."

Let's just file this under cultural differences and be sensitive to the way things are in their world:D

I agree the reporting is sensationalizing this. But, a certain degree of respect should be taken with dead bodies regardless of how used to them you are. Fuck.

this is why id rather be turned back into stardust, instead of having my dead self fondled by some deviant who is weird enough to work at a morgue in the first place

You're getting fondled in one way or another before cremation unless you are a devout Jew or you die in a hospital under carefully monitored circumstances so that there is no need for an autopsy.

does it matter? you wont need any of that stuff when ur ded anywho.

I hear what you're saying, but I think it has more to do with the families who cared for these people. You wanna find out some creepazoid was molesting your dead mother and taking pics to laugh about after work? Collect 'em and trade 'em with your friends!