Brooklyn's Finest

SwampFightOner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Denzel, but holy shit I wish someone would kill Spike Lee

Yeah, his movies are far from classics in my opinion.

More like overly stereotype driven minority whine fests.

Buggin' Out from Do the Right Thing is responsible for all the trouble caused in that movie. Not the Italians.

Malcolm X was decent. Book was better as usual.

Jungle Fever, come on. Sam Jackson was the only worthwhile part of that movie.

Dude is tired.

i actually didn't call his movies "classics," as in the greater sense of the word but rather suggested that "if" you were a fan of spike lee, denzel played in his most important films....

and yes. if one were a fan of spike lee, as i am, and i'm sure i don't stand alone(beyond this particular thread) his films are highly respected by a great mass of people and in a "class" of there own..so i suppose they could be considered classics actually. but i didn't say that at first dammit.

They don't usually list people on the cast list if the do cameos.

i actually didn't call his movies "classics," as in the greater sense of the word but rather suggested that "if" you were a fan of spike lee, denzel played in his most important films....

and yes. if one were a fan of spike lee, as i am, and i'm sure i don't stand alone(beyond this particular thread) his films are highly respected by a great mass of people and in a "class" of there own..so i suppose they could be considered classics actually. but i didn't say that at first dammit.

Well, without this explanation I don't know how else we would have taken it. I'm not trying to sway or belittle your opinion on Spike Lee. I just don't care for him that much. I liked 25th Hour and a few other movies but, whatever. I also don't care what masses of people think about anything having to do with movies because that's when you get bullshit awards shows like the Oscars that only award the same type of shit yearly. Subjective, subjective, subjective.

Training Day-Awesome movie.

He Got Game-Good, but not because of him.

Remember The Titans-kidding me? This was better when it was called Wildcats with Goldie Hawn

John Q-Fuck outta here with this tripe.

Inside Man-Decent, but again not because of his performance.

Man On Fire-I liked this but it's a remake of a remake, so the originals get the credit.

American Gangster-Training Day part 2 only he wasn't acting like a cop in this one.

your wildin...john q was ill bottom line....

i dont see american gangster bein anything like training day

and if man on fire was good, then its good...denzel killed that role i dont give a fuck if it was the 10th remake of it

Denzel plays the Training Day (good movie) role in every fucking movie. He needs to retire.

American Gangster was garbage and Book of Eli just topped Drop Dead Fred for worst movie ever made for the theatres. Elektra was way better.

This better not be one of those cop movies where there tons of "look at me, i'm irish and from a cop family and i'm irish and, hey, there's an irish funeral for an irish cop and did i mention i'm irish?'

off topic, but i hate how FAT, STUPID PIGS THINK THEY'RE SO GODDAMN HONOURABLE AND DESERVING OF ANY POMP WHEN THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH THE WORST HUMANITY HAS TO OFFER.

i dont see american gangster bein anything like training day

See quotes below to understand why I thought American Gangster was the same.

Denzel's best acting was in Glory. Before he realized he could do the same thing in every movie and get paid...

Denzel plays the Training Day (good movie) role in every fucking movie. He needs to retire.

Now if you want specifics, check out the part from Training Day where he screams "KING KONG...AIN'T GOT...SHIT ON...ME!" and the part in American Gangster where he screams "THEY TRIED TO KILL...MY...WIFE!" and try and tell me it's not the same exact fauxmotion he tries and pull off in every movie since Training Day. Strong, black robot.

I forgot Spike Lee directed that, good movie...I still fuckin hate him though

I forgot about Clockers, too. That was a decent Spike Lee movie even though he changed the whole fucking book around to focus on the poor drug dealing black kids instead of the cops.

"Errol Barnes, I thought you were dead?"

005927_13.jpg

"I was. I came back."

Easily my favorite character in any Spike Lee movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didnt think the movie was all that great... the only thing I really enjoyed was the acting, and thats what saved the movie (IMHO). Great acting, predictable bland story.

6/10

-->Cheadle was dope in the movie... dood gets better every movie he does.