The Cell Phone Game Just Got Good

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i was just talking to a girl who works for at&t and she told me they already have an app made to where you can stream live tv (at&t uverse) onto your phone.

sling box has been able to stream your live cable feed for almost 3 years now... this stuff isnt new... like they just stopped innovating with cells a couple years ago

sling box has been able to stream your live cable feed for almost 3 years now... this stuff isnt new... like they just stopped innovating with cells a couple years ago

yeah...i know you been able to stream live tv from the internet, and youve been able to stream live internet from your phone for years now.

i just hadnt seen both put to use at the same time yet.

also i went through windows 7 on endgadget just like the rest of the nerds, and im suprised casek is so fucking bonerfied for this...

AS OF RIGHT NOW IT DOESNT FUCKING MULTITASK. Just the same as the iphone. It only multitasks native apps. So say you download pandora but also want to check your messages on google voice or whatever. You can't.

I can.

But you won't be able to. I actually like the iphone. I'd of got it if it weren't for stupid typing on a screen. This is 2010. I want buttons. But if it wasn't for that i would still be pissed because i wouldn't be able to do cool shit like listen to music and run a messaging app.

motorola is doing the next google.com/phone . I heard specs at just under 4 inches. Thin. Slide out qwerty. AMOLED screen. And either running snapdragon or snapdragon 1.5. and whatever the newest android is... 2.1 was crazy impressive. Once they get their music shit panned out imma be happy.

Casek might be good at comps. But i rule at phones... Imma wait out windows mobile 7 series out.

But also it's pretty good. The UI is awesome cause they didn't do some faux 3d shading. They kept it simple. Probably to match the ZuneHD interface.

I'm just wondering now what the pricetag will be.

you don't do pricetags on a phone OS outside of apple. It will go on a lot of different phones. windows mobile runs on feature phones and smart phones alike. Im sure it'll be the same with windows mobile series 7

Fail on inkface. you're not getting excited about a phone. you're getting excited about a phones operating system. a new way of using a phone. Maybe. If you've ever used a zunehd though, it's not really that new.

iFans did the same thing when android was coming out "OMG THE G1 IS ALL PLASTIC AND BLAH BLAH BLAH"

when all i cared about was an open platform OS for a phone.

also i went through windows 7 on endgadget just like the rest of the nerds, and im suprised casek is so fucking bonerfied for this...

AS OF RIGHT NOW IT DOESNT FUCKING MULTITASK. Just the same as the iphone. It only multitasks native apps. So say you download pandora but also want to check your messages on google voice or whatever. You can't.

I can.

But you won't be able to. I actually like the iphone. I'd of got it if it weren't for stupid typing on a screen. This is 2010. I want buttons. But if it wasn't for that i would still be pissed because i wouldn't be able to do cool shit like listen to music and run a messaging app.

motorola is doing the next google.com/phone . I heard specs at just under 4 inches. Thin. Slide out qwerty. AMOLED screen. And either running snapdragon or snapdragon 1.5. and whatever the newest android is... 2.1 was crazy impressive. Once they get their music shit panned out imma be happy.

Casek might be good at comps. But i rule at phones... Imma wait out windows mobile 7 series out.

But also it's pretty good. The UI is awesome cause they didn't do some faux 3d shading. They kept it simple. Probably to match the ZuneHD interface.

I'll tell you why I like this: Processing. That is all. We now have phones that can handle

games that were only available in console form not so long ago.

Don't get me wrong, I hate MS. With a passion. But I do see this as an innovation.

http://gizmodo.com/5472010/windows-phone-7-interface-microsoft-has-out+appled-apple

personally im much more excited about this. Because it means that making calls on google voice is gonna be close behind...

VERIZON TO ALLOW UNLIMITED 3G CALLING OVER SKYPE

We may be way off base here, but we're pretty sure the game just got upended. Days after AT&T appeased the masses by finally enabling 3G streaming over the iPhone's SlingPlayer app, Verizon Wireless has delivered some big gargantuan news of its own. Starting next month, all Verizon Wireless customers with smartphones (and an accompanying data plan) will be able to make and receive unlimited Skype-to-Skype voice calls to any user in the world over its 3G network, which is something that AT&T users have been able to do since last autumn. Let us repeat that: VZW, which is known historically as one of the most controlling carriers in this great nation, is opening up its 3G network for limitless Skype calling. The forthcoming Skype Mobile application will also support Skype Out calling, instant messaging between Skype users and an ability to "remain always connected... to see friends' online presence." Nine smartphones will be compatible at launch (the full list is after the break), and we're guessing that more will be added in due time. Giddy yet?

I'll tell you why I like this: Processing. That is all. We now have phones that can handle

games that were only available in console form not so long ago.

Don't get me wrong, I hate MS. With a passion. But I do see this as an innovation.

http://gizmodo.com/5472010/windows-phone-7-interface-microsoft-has-out+appled-apple

the processing is nothing. They demoed windows 7 series on an HD2 which is powered by a snapdragon. Same chip that the Nexus is on. And a bunch of other phones. They are already making snapdragon 1.5

Im more about the death of voice plans. Everything over data. if i could get a data only plan i would. And with google buying Gizmo5 im betting the next google voice app for phones does everything over data. i already have unlimited texts and visual vm on my phone. I can actually make calls over data using gizmo5. but im waiting for a more seamless integration...

the processing is nothing. They demoed windows 7 series on an HD2 which is powered by a snapdragon. Same chip that the Nexus is on. And a bunch of other phones. They are already making snapdragon 1.5

Im more about the death of voice plans. Everything over data. if i could get a data only plan i would. And with google buying Gizmo5 im betting the next google voice app for phones does everything over data. i already have unlimited texts and visual vm on my phone. I can actually make calls over data using gizmo5. but im waiting for a more seamless integration...

You just taught me something I did not know (processor).

Also, I hear that ATT is going to have a data only plan soon.

• 2 weeks later...