--------- GET OMELETTE OR DIE TRY'N - The Official Omelette appreciation thread --------

Richard Pryor

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: --------- GET OMELETTE OR DIE TRY'N - The Official Omelette appreciation thread ------

Just made a simple one today

Three chesses,cheesey brats and some herbs.

de16a811.jpg

Crappy phone picture.

cheesy-brats as in a Johnson /nh Cheddarwurst? Those are the goddamn heat! Only other way to crush those is over a charcoal BBQ with the fixins.

omlettes are hard to make right. the French got the process sewed up apparently...however, i am skeptical since its the French.........

here's the sleeper recipe:

beat...

3 eggs

handful of frozen/drained spinach

little milk

s/p

cook...

add...

a little serrano ham or proscuitto

bleu cheese crumbs

at the last minute add the best CROUTONS you can find. yes, the same things you eat with a salad to feel full. trust me, its gooooood....

fold...

add parmesean if you have it with something green on top. you're set.

eat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Re: --------- GET OMELETTE OR DIE TRY'N - The Official Omelette appreciation thread ------

chorizo-and-eggs1.jpg

I jumped out of my seat started flexing and screaming at this pic, then I realized I can't get that shit up where I live. I miss Cali. :( <--FUCKING SAD FACE.

• 1 month later...

Brown eggs = not a good look. Cook your omelet pretty low, and when it starts to set at the edges, sort of lift them a little or even push to the middle slightly and let the runny egg from top run underneath. do it a few times. then you won't have brown bottom and runny top. shit will set up more evenly. GL

• 3 months later...

im gonna jump ahead w/o reviewing the other pages and throw down what little knowledge i got....

first off, if you got shrimp, and like western omlettes, try a shrimp western.

second, although this sounds vile, the right taste buds will love this:

bacon

broccolli (sp?)

bleu cheese

dont knock until you try it.

• 1 year later...

I like how most of the posts I read are just people saying some random combination of ingredients is the truth. I will do so also.

Sharp cheddar, chopped red onions, chopped bell peppers, ALL U REALLY NEED