--------- GET OMELETTE OR DIE TRY'N - The Official Omelette appreciation thread --------

Richard Pryor

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: --------- GET OMELETTE OR DIE TRY'N - The Official Omelette appreciation thread ------

chickens are like 5 bucks man. dirt cheap. feed em scraps. dont cost anything.

i plan on finishing it when it warms up enough to keep pullets (juvenile chickens, bigger than a chick) outside. chicks like fucking die if they get below 90 degrees

Re: --------- GET OMELETTE OR DIE TRY'N - The Official Omelette appreciation thread ------

Really? I thought they'd be more expensive than that, what with their egg laying abilities and all

Learn something new every day.

That reminds me, what's the weather like there? I mean, I could just Google it, but you're right here

naw man anywhere from like 5 to 15 bucks. thats what i've seen for full grown. my friend got some chicks off the internet for

like 3 dollars or something like that, but you gotta pay next day shipping because, ya know, its fucking alive. so its like 30 bucks.

id rather buy local. /nohippie

its actually gotten colder. it was in the 60s a few days ago. its down to the 40s again.

one of the coldest years ever for the region. not cold enough to keep me from partying though.

its actually gotten colder. it was in the 60s a few days ago. its down to the 40s again.

one of the coldest years ever for the region. not cold enough to keep me from partying though.

That's what I like to hear...expect me Saturday afternoon or so, I'll be yodeling

this is how i do my omelette / frittata.

5 eggs

salt+pepper

Handfull of gratted cheese.

small knob of butter

Beaten togather.

Fry in a pan with butter and little olive oil till brown:

5 chopped mushrooms

1 chopped tomato

half chopped red onion

1 chopped shallot

half chopped red pepper

sliced bacon

sliced cheese kranski sausage

handfull of spinach

then pour in egg mixture

wait till outside crust forms and bubbles appear on top(like when making pancakes)

then add 3 handfulls of grated cheese and sliced chorizo sausage

place pan under grill untill cheese brown and melted.

serve with tomato sause and pint of golden amber ale.

only if it was that kind of party.

i cant believe i'm only recently learning how to fucking cook the damn shit.

living via the kraft+microwave formula... you'd be suprised how many people live off of ready made food.

I can cook very well, but honestly I just don't get into it much. I go through spurts where I really enjoy it, but ever since my girl moved out I'm in like a 3 month slump of not wanting to cook shit. Cooking meals for myself seems depressing, and I'm not about to cook for some random whore, so yeah.

I do put alot of planning into what I want to eat in a day though, usually thinking about it AT LEAST the night before haha

I find it amazing and hilarious that you can buy live chickens on the internet.

internet??...you can go to the asian farmers market on broadway in sacramento, ca at 6:30 or 7am on sunday and buy them there.

pretty crazy, because they sell out of chickens in less than an hour....i was gonna flick it once and put it on 12oz, but i dont want the asian mafia after me.

ive made scrambled eggs in the mircowave before.

they turn out pretty dope.

i remember going to the vic markets in melbourne and checking out all the weird shit the asians used to flog.

ducks chickens, baby chickens, eels, crabs, sea slugs.

asians have got it on lock with the food game.. i swear they can used the most obscure ingredients and make it taste dope.

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^Seriously, Scrambled eggs? Fuck outta here.^^^^^^^^^

Also....

Is that avocado? If so, you found the one way to ruin an omelet

:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

The oontz general population is really dissappointing me. facepalm.jpeg

made one this morning

fry crumbled breakfast sausage and chopped onion in some butter

pour 2 scrambled eggs over it

flip, add sharp cheddar cheese to middle before folding it

plate, put some hot salsa on top

4 strips of bacon on the side and a few cups of coffee