Big Love

SwampFightOner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
it isnt uncommon for these weirdos to marry 14 and 15yo girls

hella creepy

Well yeah, that's just being a pedophile whether you have one or 8 wives.

But I don't get why or even HOW, exactly, polygamy is illegal, since you only have one legal marriage, and then the rest are your "spirit wives" or whatever the fuck they say. So really it's just like your wife letting you have girlfriends, so I don't get what they can prosecute you fo?

Well yeah, that's just being a pedophile whether you have one or 8 wives.

But I don't get why or even HOW, exactly, polygamy is illegal, since you only have one legal marriage, and then the rest are your "spirit wives" or whatever the fuck they say. So really it's just like your wife letting you have girlfriends, so I don't get what they can prosecute you fo?

good question. i know a lot of the time, charges arent pressed, but you get excommunicated from the church if you refuse to stop practicing polygamy.

Yeah, the way I understand it is there are "regular" Mormons, and then Mormon fundamentalists, which are the ones who practice polygamy.

Also, I remember reading about this like a year ago, and I found out that even "regular" Mormons only banned polygamy because they follow the land of the law, and that it is still in their scripture. They believe it is still practiced in the afterlife, and that one day God will allow them to practice it again on Earth

Nonfiction:My uncle owned farming property out in a town called Palmyra upstate NY that was the site of Joseph Smith's vision of the virgin Mary. There's a landmark preservation of his childhood home and shit up the road from my uncle's place. So when they built the temple on Hill Cumorah they wanted the land my uncle owned, paid him big bucks for that shit. Have yet to get an exact amount. But dude got paaaaaaid.

Google that shit if you don't believe me

• 1 year later...