The Wine Thread...

LiliStCynical

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P10303266.jpg

great in the summer

menage20a20trois20red20table20wine.jpg

im a big fan of this for reds, since a lot of heavier ones leave you hungover as fuck if you drink the whole bottle...

getting weekly wine tastings was the best part of waiting tables...

they served this at my brother's wedding. from what i remember, it was good. right now i have a bottle of rex goliath pinot grigio in my fridge. i usually just pick a bottle by how cool the label looks and if it's more than 13 bucks.

Cheap red wines that are acidic fuck my stomach up. So I tend to spend more on reds when I do get them.

So what's good to pick up from a Ralph's supermarket as that is usually where I have to buy my wine?

There's a great Liquor(real liquor store) somewhat near, but I never get there. Great fucking wine, beer and liquor selection.

Hmmm well usually Ill drink just about any cheap white..especially if Im lookin to get drunk. Although Im with you on the cheap reds...not only are they acidic but the taste over all is unbearable...

To name one or 2 off hand...

Rancho Zabaco Zin usually goes for like 7 or 8 bucks...there is also the reserve that goes for 20 I think..

Rancho+Zabaco+Zinfandel+2005.JPG

I used to buy J Lohr Cab as a cheap Cab but it gained this special standing I guess and raised in price from 8 to 15 bucks...and Im not paying 15 bucks for J Lhor.

Ravens Wood isnt that bad either along with Bogle wines. I used to drink Bogles Old Vin Zin that was at a Albertsons right next to my job. Ravens Wood Zen of Zins which is a recent one isnt all that bad.

I had these guys a year or 2 back...cant remmeber if it WOWed me but it wasnt horrible. I had their pinot noir to be exact.

Mirassou.jpg

Oh and a never failing easy drinking light red that is found just about anywhere...

louis-jadot-beaujolais-villages.jpg

im surprised no one mentioned robert mondavi

1028045x.jpg

Merlot i couldnt find 2006 pic

or Masi Amarone

1036938x.jpg

these are both very good.

i went on two wine flights when i was in sf with ex, she was quite the aficionado, im not really but the 2 i just dropped are by far the best ive had. the second is kind of expensive. Trader Joes has a pretty good selection, they use to have 2 buck Chuck but now i think its 2.99

my uncle is a huge wine-o its too much of an expensive hobby for me. but i enjoy a glass

Nice post Croc Tears

Amarones are typically 30 dollars and up. I paid 80 for one last year. Very complex and very much worth the money.

Dont feel like spending the money but you want to kinda grasp what the experience is like look for Ripasso Valpolicella, theyre usually 7-15 dollars. In short it is basically Valpolicella wine with Amarone grape skins to make it more complex. You get to taste the attributes to kinda feel it out before going for the big bucks.

• 2 months later...