Jesse James Hollywood Sentenced to Life: No parole

mosluggo

Took long enough

Jesse James Hollywood gets life sentence in Calif. murder case that inspired 'Alpha Dog' film

By Associated Press February 5, 2010 | 4:26 p.m.

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) — Jesse James Hollywood was sentenced to life in prison Friday for orchestrating the kidnap-murder of a teenager, ending a 10-year legal odyssey that included an international manhunt and a movie inspired by the high-profile crime.

Superior Court Judge Brian Hill sentenced Hollywood, 30, to life without the possibility of parole in a Santa Barbara courtroom after denying a defense motion for a new trial.

Hollywood had faced a possible death penalty, but jurors recommended life after finding him guilty in July of first-degree murder. Prosecutors said Prosecutors said Hollywood ordered the killing of 15-year-old Nicholas Markowitz in August 2000 over a $1,200 drug debt owed by the victim's half-brother.

The case drew national interest because of the brazen daylight kidnapping of Markowitz from a San Fernando Valley street, the details of his murder and Hollywood's notorious name.

It also captured the attention of producers who made the 2007 movie "Alpha Dog," with Bruce Willis, Justin Timberlake and Emile Hirsch, who played "Johnny Truelove," a character based on Hollywood.

"I feel strongly that my client could not receive a fair trial because of the movie and the pretrial publicity," argued defense attorney James Blatt, who said Hollywood's case was the first ever in the U.S. depicted in a movie released prior to trial.

Four other defendants have been convicted in the killing, including the gunman, who was sentenced to death.

Hollywood fled after the slaying and testified at his trial he lived in Colorado, the Mojave Desert and various parts of Canada before he was captured in Brazil in 2005. He claimed he didn't order the murder and was not present when Nicholas was shot and buried in a shallow grave in the hills above Santa Barbara.

The case stalled for years after it was learned that Deputy District Attorney Ron Zonen had turned over probation reports, police files and other documents to "Alpha Dog" director Nick Cassavetes.

Zonen said in court documents that he gave the files to Cassavetes to help publicize the hunt for Hollywood. An appeals court removed Zonen from the case, but the state's highest court and the U.S. Supreme Court eventually ruled that he and the district attorney's office could stay on the case.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i went to hs with the younger sister of the guy who justin timberlake played.

She was hot and we made out, and then this happened and she got distracted and i never got to touch her boobs.

So im glad this guy got life, cause i would of totally been able to touch some boobs if not for that.

i went to hs with the younger sister of the guy who justin timberlake played.

She was hot and we made out, and then this happened and she got distracted and i never got to touch her boobs.

So im glad this guy got life, cause i would of totally been able to touch some boobs if not for that.

HA!

props for you sir.

They deserve whatever they get for this completely stupid shit. They weren't big time dealers with "rep" to uphold. Dumb fucks ended up in prison trying to show they had some balls they never needed to display in the first place. All this over $1,200 and idiocy. No reason to even kill the kid.

Ya,,,,they were just too big of pussies to fight dude. His karate skills were pretty good ha

They deserve whatever they get for this completely stupid shit. They weren't big time dealers with "rep" to uphold. Dumb fucks ended up in prison trying to show they had some balls they never needed to display in the first place. All this over $1,200 and idiocy. No reason to even kill the kid.

yea..in the movie they shouldnt have killed the kid but how the movie portrays the story and how it actually went down is probably entirely different

people have been killed for less.1200 is alot of money and to let someone get away with stealing/owing that kinda money is weak..still its too bad that all this had to happen to the kid who didnt have anything to do with it but shit happens and this case really isnt unique..

moral of the story is don't create a debt you cant afford to pay off.but fuck these fools for killing a child.

people have been killed for less.1200 is alot of money and to let someone get away with stealing/owing that kinda money is weak..still its too bad that all this had to happen to the kid who didnt have anything to do with it but shit happens and this case really isnt unique..

moral of the story is don't create a debt you cant afford to pay off.but fuck these fools for killing a child.

Truth.

Well yeah, but sometimes when someone who owes money is hiding that's the next best thing you can get

word.if they cant get to you they'll get to your kids or your broad or whoever else...thats why im saying if you don't get involved with these kinda people then you won't have to worry about shit like this.

^ hmm, ever heard of Emmit till? nigga got killed cause he was black. granted segregation was rampant, but he wasnt botherin nobody and died. and nothin even happened. et's fucked up.

thats not the same thing..its like that james bird case over in jasper in my part of texas,did he do anything wrong? no it was just a wrong place wrong time kinda thing.i imagine this is what happened to emmit,idk tho becuase im not familiar with the case but what happened to this kid is totally different.he got killed because his brother owed these dudes debt this shit happens all the time. ever heard of h.a.w.k.? he was a rapper down in houston who got killed for the same shit. money his brother owed. shit happens.

word.if they cant get to you they'll get to your kids or your broad or whoever else...thats why im saying if you don't get involved with these kinda people then you won't have to worry about shit like this.

there are plenty of reasonable people that deal drugs and have the decency to not kill someone over an amount of money that wouldnt buy you a used corolla.

yo son word up dont get involved in my 1 stack drug operation Ill kidnap your little brother word life son thats how we do it in the suburbs fella we keeps it real yo son word up dont get involved in my 1 stack drug operation Ill kidnap your little brother word life son thats how we do it in the suburbs fella we keeps it real yo son word up dont get involved in my 1 stack drug operation Ill kidnap your little brother word life son thats how we do it in the suburbs fella we keeps it real yo son word up dont get involved in my 1 stack drug operation Ill kidnap your little brother word life son thats how we do it in the suburbs fella we keeps it real