HELP RESTORE STYLE WARS

webmaster

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wasn't asking Ch.0 to donate. I was just saying I understand the need to preserve this. A lot of people hold this movie as something monumental.

I know you get it, I'm speaking to you as a proxy for MARE/12 Oz Prophet. I'm surprised that the NYC art/culture community isn't behind this project or that Cooper and Chalfant would have any problems getting $500,000 if they ask the right people.

Maybe they should look into getting a grant writer.

they should organize some showings of it at various little indy art houses world wide. maybe they can have some original art work or some limited edition stuff for sale at each event and have all proceeds from those sales help to fund the effort.

edit: if i wasn't so broke i would throw them some loot.

Some of you guys are pretty dense and are missing the point because of it. It's not being organized to re release it in fuckin "BluRay featuring 3-D Kanye shades to watch Seen's piece come alive" it's for archival restoration plain and simple. I think you guys are too caught up with figuring out how they're gunna make a buck.

okay idiots. they want money to restore the MASTER. all 30 hours. That way it will be preserved, that way your old vhs isn't the ONLY copy.

How do you faggots not get this? They aren't restoring it so they can release a new copy with free KRink mop. They want to preserve it that way all the original footage can last forever and not be lost to oblivion.

Holy shit you people are retarded.

okay idiots. they want money to restore the MASTER. all 30 hours. That way it will be preserved, that way your old vhs isn't the ONLY copy.

How do you faggots not get this? They aren't restoring it so they can release a new copy with free KRink mop. They want to preserve it that way all the original footage can last forever and not be lost to oblivion.

Holy shit you people are retarded.

Preserving it is great (and necessary).

At the same time:

" We are embarking on a project to restore STYLE WARS and bring it up to the highest technical standards available today in order to create a High Definition edition of the film. We will be transferring the original 16 mm negativeinto full HD 1080p while cleaning and restoring the film during the process. The HD master will be better, sharper and more brilliant than the original. From it we can strike new prints, author new DVDs and participate in the digital economy."

This implies they want to re-release it in HD format.

Cats just don't give a fuck about nothing. Don't be surprised if/when they raise that money they don't make it back because everyone downloads that shit for free. I wouldn't expect nothing less from cats who don't think they owe nothing to no one. EVER!

I was showing them some graffiti landmarks when they were in town.

We smoked a J while driving somewhere and then I was all stoned like "Fuck! I'm in the back seat of a car that Henry Chalfant is driving."

Then they started talking about doing a worldwide version of Style Wars.

Then they put the video camera on me for a makeshift "interview" and I was hella' baked and freaked out. I'd kill to see that tape. It was about a decade ago.

Trainwreck oner/noonefamous

• Like 1

i think Chalfant was documenting history and inadvertently made heros of kids who had talent in ways that were not recognized by non-warholesque types until this film was released. its almost like discovering something before it becomes valuable, buying all the stock in apple in the early 90's.

rocking whole cars for fun, documenting for the sake of capturing. this film holds magic for so many reasons. maybe one day ill tell you how i really feel.

ya know doodads....

I know you get it, I'm speaking to you as a proxy for MARE/12 Oz Prophet. I'm surprised that the NYC art/culture community isn't behind this project or that Cooper and Chalfant would have any problems getting $500,000 if they ask the right people.

Maybe they should look into getting a grant writer.

ding ding ding

I would be super suprised if they werent doing this already, since trying to get the money through nickel & dime off a free forum full of broke assholes isnt really an effective fundraising method. Honestly I would donate if I could, but im barely scraping along as is

a few key benefits up there should net that $$$ no prob, 500,000$ isnt unheard of for film art fundraisers

and for all yall being suprsed these kids are talking shit about this project? Its channel 0 where you been , hating on graf is always in style here