HELP RESTORE STYLE WARS

webmaster

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Twenty five years after its initial release there is still a strong, global demand for the film. In an effort to keep up with this demand we must be able to offer the film in the the most up-to-date formats. We are embarking on a project to restore STYLE WARS and bring it up to the highest technical standards available today in order to create a High Definition edition of the film. We will be transferring the original 16 mm negativeinto full HD 1080p while cleaning and restoring the film during the process. The HD master will be better, sharper and more brilliant than the original. From it we can strike new prints, author new DVDs and participate in the digital economy."

It's the preserve it for the future.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

so wait these guys are asking for donations so they can in turn sell me a far more superior product at a higher cost?

whats the logic behind this?

i know how important the preservation of historical data is however i am not in tune to why we should contribute 500k to a foreign cause.

menopause.jpg.0fee5380c76cf18d0142cfcd2c60d9f9.jpg

Menopause2.jpg.0656b0d2ec22cdd9ee0c8421a78ffdc5.jpg

menopause3.jpeg.01bf6f1c32e9faac959f08e5065e84c0.jpeg

What people are missing is the main point behind this move.

While a DVD is cool and all, the original film it was shot on is much higher quality.

The film also has more detail than the DVD and was transfered to digital and video format a long time ago on less advanced equipment.

They are attempting to preserve that high quality or the highest quality possible.

It's like having the original Mona Lisa to look at as opposed to a camera phone shot of it.

If you've ever seen a blue ray remastered version of an older movie you'll understand.

It basically puts way more detail and better colors/quality into it making it look like it was just shot on advanced equipment.

I saw dawn of the dead in a remastered 1080p HD version and it blew my mind how awesome it looked.

It's very expensive to do, and Style wars isn't a commercially successful movie that would warrant spending all that money to turn a profit on HD sales.

This will allow them to publish a 1080p version which might not be that big a deal right now.

But imagine 20 years down the road, nobody will want a low def version like the DVD is now.

Personally, as it stands right now, I don't buy or download anything less than 720p HD.

• Like 1

Not really just this thread, but it kind of puts it in your face more.

I can't understand why someone that's so lame they think this isn't important doesn't just hang out on 4chan with the rest of the internet herbs.

I can understand not having loot to donate but to think this shit as unimportant is fucking retarded.