so JAH you'll be really pissed about this

BeaztieGirl

Originally posted by bobobi11

Jah, I dig what you are saying, but how long is long enough?

I think "long enough" means until there is some equality within this system that white men set up. Right now there is a facade of equality and opportunity and freedom, which is certainly not so clear cut.

The country is divided between people who think every American, just by birth, is afforded the same opportunity as the next - and people who are able to look at the bigger picture and see the reality of "opportunity" - and how it all stems from some past events. In the case of Affirmative Action, people need to be given an extra allowance because of very recent racial injustices that hamper one's opportunities in our times. It shouldn't go away because a political party's ideology doesn't agree with it - they were the ones that probably hated the idea of equality in the first place.

Fuck Bush - he is so full of shit and this topic just makes me think about it even more. He's brainwashing America.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i second the notion of this being bullshit. whit peole CAN NOT know what it is like to be black like black people CAN NOT know what it is like to be white. so this whole thread, aside from bird fondling is bullshit. you claim to know so much about black people but you are 'ignorant' about us. accord to an almanac i happen to be looking at blacks dont even make up 13% of the people in the USand almost 60% of the jail population, that shit straight up depressing. so black life is about struggle that why so many rap about unesscesary shit and about struggling . what in the hell do you know about that. jackshit. for real less ignorance and more bird fondling, and funny rabbits also can't foget the rabbits.

i'm not gonna bother arguing..

people feel too strongly about their own opinions..

i will suggest: read "The Corner"

excellent book..a year in the life of an inner city neighborhood

• 2 weeks later...
Guest willy.wonka

Re: so JAH you'll....I replied dammit!

Originally posted by BeaztieGirl

Actually black people no longer carry the brunt for shitty rights.

It's widely WIDELY known and thought that the average white american male is now gettin the shorter end of the deal... So you can take your "its all the white mans fault and those poor black people" politics back to the fuckin 1800's.

I'm not trying to disrespect anyone by saying this....its just an idea

so what...you dont like it?than leave...dont you hate it when people say that?

you dwell on color just like the rest of them......yup,just like them BLACKS you complain about...THOSE FUCKING NIGGERS!! how dare they for being black!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the sad thing is,i know people who think like that....

Originally posted by Are2

i will suggest: read "The Corner"

excellent book..a year in the life of an inner city neighborhood

on that tip, also check out _Our America_ by LeAlan Jones and Lloyd Newman. The authors were kids when they wrote it, its about growing up in the ida b wells housing projects in chicago. great book.

Read more books

yes!

more reading, less talking!!

we could ALL be a little enlightened by some knowledge..and some people seem desperately in need of a horizon-broadening

Archived