Rappers obsession with the mafia?Why?

BeaztieGirl

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by BeaztieGirl

gEE I DON'T RECOLLECT SAYING THAT....

what i'm saying is people who live in the ghetto are in charge of getting themselves out....if they choose to stay their because they are to lazy to make changes for themselves that is their problem and I'm not speaking of their communities I'm speaking of each individual.

My best friend was born and raised in a fucking ghetto she now runs her own business and lives in a nicer house then my mom, and she didn't get there by screaming about her disadvantaged life she got there because she got off her ass.

that is exactly what you are saying..each individual, pulling himself out of a hole, adds up to a whole community pulling itself out of a hole

it is a lot easier to stand on the outskirts, knowing a few individuals motivated enough to rise above their environment, and say everyone should be able to do it by not being lazy..i am happy for your friend, but not every person in the ghetto was given the oppurtunities to rise above it..i am sure your friend was not without some help..at least in the way of education, a mentor, a role model, or a reason to live

what about the people, like myself, who are born with a shitty attitude..i'm not a lazy person, but i am not motivated enough to rise beyond every situation i was born into and make a happy ending out of it..

read the book "The Corner"

it might open your mind up to the fact that a simple answer to the problem of america's ghetto does not exist..

problems are multi faceted..

you are naive to think that every person living in a ghetto is there by choice, by laziness..

and lemme guess, women are not paid the same as men because they are too lazy to do the same amount of work as a man?

people are questioning your age because of the naive simplicity of your views, and solutions, about problems that have existed for decades..

i guess you get a little older, a little wiser, and realize that it is never as easy as pointing a finger.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

what i'm saying is people who live in the ghetto are in charge of getting themselves out....if they choose to stay their because they are to lazy to make changes for themselves that is their problem and I'm not speaking of their communities I'm speaking of each individual.

Wackest statement ever... You make it sound soooo easy for a person in the ghetto to get up and do something for themselves. It all starts at young ages, where the pressures of peers in gangs and family trouble start discouraging the kids away from the one chance they get to make it big: a good education.

The people I know who have managed to escape the ghetto have been the ones who braved severe beatings by parents and peers, filthy jobs earning nickels an hour, and who managed to stay in and study while their friends went out to smoke weed and fuck prostitutes. In other words, a kid in the ghetto who wants to get out has to sacrifice their entire childhood, something that 99% of the people on earth don't have the willpower to do. And you expect ALL of these people to achieve this?

Without a solid education, you have no knowledge of how to work it in the real world, other than street skills. Which may take you far (look at Master P), but you're still gonna rely on possibly illegal and hostile activities that more often than not lead on a downward spiral. Sacrifice your youth, study and learn, earn a scholarship in a good high school, earn a scholarship for college, and your chances have increased hundred-fold to get somewhere big.

Whatever. Every post in this thread could be deleted, with the exception of Are2's, and the original question stands perfectly answered. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Whatever. Every post in this thread could be deleted, with the exception of Are2's, and the original question stands perfectly answered. Beer,

El Mamerro

this confuses me.

Originally posted by mapo wc

When will you reveal your age?

Oh and her name doesnt mean she likes the Beastie Boys..it obviously means shes into beastiality.

im sure shes older then your twelve year old actin ass.

i like seeing threads transform from one topic to another. this started out as a simple question and eventually evolved into a race debate. why? because people are too fucking quick to make judgements on other people. "well you said this and blah blah blah you meant this" and then you feel you need to reply "i meant this blah blah blah you dont know what you are talking about".... just stay on the fucking topic.

if thats what you want to call it... eh eh it went from one subject to another. but i guess it doesnt matter because this is the way of things around here so i guess its to be expected and im the foolish one for once again, changing the focus of this thread with my last two posts :)

Originally posted by iCEBERG

im sure shes older then your twelve year old actin ass.

i like seeing threads transform from one topic to another. this started out as a simple question and eventually evolved into a race debate. why? because people are too fucking quick to make judgements on other people. "well you said this and blah blah blah you meant this" and then you feel you need to reply "i meant this blah blah blah you dont know what you are talking about".... just stay on the fucking topic.

i act like im 12? anyway..who cares if a topic goes from one direction to another..your dumb ass just got to 12oz a month ago or some shit, and now youre gonna be makin rules for people on how to post?

fuck you, you son of a bitch. there i go actin 12 again.

Guest got tha feva

gEE I DON'T RECOLLECT SAYING THAT....

Alright I'm not argueing with anyone here. You're entitled to be frustrated.. just like anyone else. I've been frustrated about race at points too. But I wanna comment on this. I think the goal shouldn't be to move up and move out of the ghetto.. I think it's more move up, and make your neighborhood a better place. As much as people complain about the ghetto, it's still a home and a community with friends and family. When you make some real money, I think the last thing you'd want to do is move into a yuppie white neighborhood and make all new superficial friends and leave everyone and everything you know behind. I think that's why these ghetto supastars on the radio continue rhymin (if that's what you want to call it) about the ghetto... they don't get some money then start writing their lyrics about the stock market investments their brokers are making and their new dot com friends they met at starbucks last tuesday morning. They're trying to come up but stay true to who they really are... which I think is probably one reason they can relate to the mafia. The mafia didn't jump off their sicilian boat, reap some benifits from prohibition, then become white politicians.. they recyled their money through their ghettos.. helped their friends out, gave jobs to men trying to keep their name alive. They don't let anyone from different roots become made men and exploit their investments. They keep it in the family.. which I think is what black people are coming to do as well.

Anyway as a white girl, I stay out of the black issues. This broad spectrum shit doesn't mean anything to me.. My goals aren't to change the world, to make shit better for someone else, my goals are simply to give undying support to anyone doing things for themselves.. because I do things for myself as well. It doesn't matter if you're white, black, asain, latino, or everything in between, if I can relate to you, then that's the connection we have. If anyone's got beef with me because of some resentment they have towards my race, and they want to tell me how something I'm doing effects their dreams and goals, then straight up I'll listen with an open heart... but so far all I've had to give is an open ear and love for individuals, and I've got friends from every race and background. I don't always understand things in the big picture, but I think the individual interaction and understandings between everyone we come in contact with is the key to letting community's come together in the book of life.. even if we're not always on the same page.

PruDE

Rappers talk so much shit! They are always clownin the fuck out of white people but why is it they glorify themselves after the Mafia. I mean have you seen mtv cribs. Everyone of those fuckers has a scarface poster or pays tribute to the mafia in some way. This ignorant contradictory drives me insane...........and the thing is they don't even realize they do it. SOMEONE ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL!

I mean most of those rappers had it ruff and they struggled as did Al Pacino in Scarface and so on etc. So what they are saying is they relate when they give 'big-ups' to old time mafia......why then do they put us white folks down. I mean white people have it ruff too. We've all been dealt a hand out of this deck. Fuck a slave trade! Tell me what I did. What was my treachery.

it seems to me that you dont know shit about your own topic most mcees dont hate white people so dont listen to commerical rap and conform and make an asumtion....///////////...........sorry about the spelling....../////////..........................................................

Originally posted by cmeup

just like on fucking jerry springer, tha KKK comes on and everyone is hating on them, which i have no arguement with, but tha white people in tha crowd are sticking up for blacks and so forth. thats coo.

now you think those same white people would say shit if tha BLACK PANTHERS came up on tha stage? or would tha black people say shit either?

no i might be wrong in tha fact about tha purpose and movement of tha black panthers, but didnt they hate white people? if im mistaking, i take that back. but otherise put in a group that hates whites...instead of tha KKK, would tha crow stand up and say there thoughts?i dont think they would.

there is a big difference between the KKK and the black panthers.

the kkk went out and killed black people(lynching, burning) and are a group based on bigotry and racism.

the black panthers never killed a whiteman for looking at a black woman. they never just got a mob together to go lynch a whiteperson. they were a group that gets a lot of bad rap even though they did a ton of good in the "ghetto" breakfast programs, teaching people to read, helping people get jobs, registering people to vote. and they werent against all white people. they were against any person who attempted to keep blacks law rights away from them.

really its easy to google information on both the kkk and the black panthers and not just rehash some propaganda.

i didnt read anyone elses responce so this might have been said already..but america is obbsessed with the mafia..and crime.

books movies music.

people who notice shit in one specific area usually are just biased against it..open up those eyes..the u.s.a is neck deep in all of this type stuff!!!!!!!!!

Archived