Rappers obsession with the mafia?Why?

BeaztieGirl

somehow this went from rappers obsession with the mafia..to a huge racial debate so have at it tear me apart....but at least I can have this debate and remain objective I hear you and I comprehend what you are saying but I don't have to agree....so hate me for it...hate everyone that doesn't think just like you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wow. ive often wondered that same shit myself, mobb deep, made men, murder inc. etc... scarface the rapper. i dunno, i got no answers to this question but if i had to guess it'd be because they respect the mafias way of crime. the life, loyalty, rich's, etc. but i find it funny tho how groups such as mobb deep claim to be "made men" when, maybe its because their black, but they sure arent sicilian. same thing with master p's group made men. i dunno its just the way things work. i always figured they respected the functionality of the organized crime familys (heh!) as compared to them growing up, most still robbing people for gold and platinum chains.

fist off id like to say that scarface isnt white. hes cuban. and a lot of italians dont consider themselves white from what ive heard. especially sicilians. thats just what ive heard tho. and they glorify the money, violence, and heart of the mafia. its just the "baller" lifestyle. they let the fact that theyre white slide. or maybe some rappers arent racist and dont got a problem with white people. but im pretty sure ur missin the the point of the mafia traits rappers try and mimic(sp). and as far as askin what u did to them. maybe nothin. but its a fact that america is still run by white folks and theres still a majority of minorities (no rhyme intended) in ghettos and projects. and yes, they are there because of white people (i dont want to have to explain why) and its shitty in the slums and i would be fuckin pissed too if i had to live there and go through mad shit alll the time. hatred takes a long time to forget and its instilled in people from hundreds (maybe thousands) of years ago. it is gettin better in the US tho. it seems like it is at least.

if you were correcting me there was nothing to be corrected, i said scarface the rapper not scarface is white. and as for people living in the slums not being able to get out of the ghetto etc... i think morgan freeman summed it up best during the L.A. riots when he said "well... if they want to use that as an excuse" figure it out

First off I'm sicilian italian and I do consider myself white.

and there is no way in hell you're gonna tell me black people live in the projects because of white people. I know white people in the projects and we don't blame that on anyone, but ourselves. YOu are you're own motivation, if those crack hoes can't keep their legs crossed go out and get an education get a good job and keep their little gang bangin ass kids out of the streets that is no fault of mine....only their self pity and laziness is to blame.

im not implying anything, simply asking.

short sighted because you cant just look at it as an isolated incident. life isnt a series of unrelated occurances, for anything to happen, something must have taken place before it. its called the theory of interdependent reality' (atleast i believe thts the term, im not possitive.) my point is that you cant look at a homeless guy and ask 'why dont you get a job?' that is a short sighted question. the appropriate question is what lead to you being homless in the first place. once you find that out, you wont have to ask any other questions.

God Damnit!!!!!

u gotta make me type more dont u?? dont u?? alright fuck it. after slavery was abolished, not too long ago, blacks didnt have all the rights whites had. in fact, they still had about none. technically, they were supposed to be able to vote and all that shit but white folks found ways of keepin them from doin that such as making a fee to vote that blacks couldnt afford. the law was always some cracker uncle tom motherfucker so they didnt give a fuck how blacks were treated or discriminated against at all, they encouraged it and participated in it. do u think it was easy for black folks to get jobs at places that white people wouldnt even let them enter??? do u think that when black people did get jobs they got paid even minimum wage?? although slavery was illegal there was still plenty of it. and when black people couldnt get jobs anywhere do u think they could afford to live in middle class neighborhoods??? (im gonna let u answer all of these questions). so finally, people started to have some compassion and humanity so they decided to build projects (aka low income housing/govt housing) for people who couldnt afford Real estate. thats how it started. then, in teh 60s, when there was a large black panther movement, whites had to figure out a way to keep them in line. so the CIA introduced hard drugs to the ghettos (ur not gonna learn this in school cuz school systems are still run by the government, which is still run by white folks) and got people hooked. im not gonna explain anymore. if u dont believe me, fine. someday maybe ull be enlightened or somethign. ask the beastie boys if u trust them. bye bye now.

fuck yea

Originally posted by sectorTVA

i think they all have scarface posters simply because scarface is a superb movie...i plan to one day have a scar face movie poster in my house....good movies deserve such tribute....and i think seeking is trying to be a cyber pimp again.....

scarface is a tight movie!

Originally posted by seeking innocence

im not implying anything, simply asking.

short sighted because you cant just look at it as an isolated incident. life isnt a series of unrelated occurances, for anything to happen, something must have taken place before it. its called the theory of interdependent reality' (atleast i believe thts the term, im not possitive.) my point is that you cant look at a homeless guy and ask 'why dont you get a job?' that is a short sighted question. the appropriate question is what lead to you being homless in the first place. once you find that out, you wont have to ask any other questions.

i wish i woulda seen this before i typed a fuckin book!!

seeking:

You're right my question is short sighted but never the less its a subject that irritates the hell out of me. WE can't all be victims of circumstance.

at least we can agree scarface is a tight movie....and by the way my handle has nothing to do with the fuckin' beastie boys.

Rappers are obsessed with the mafia because: The mafia is about money, something rappers are all about, and respect something every rapper out at any time is trying to get and have. I am Italian and most italians living in America consider themselves white unless they just got off the boat.

no, we cant all be victims, but we also cant deny the fact that 50 years ago black people were not allowed to ride at the front of the bus, nor drink from the same water fountains as white people for fear that their mere presence would contaminate the water. if you think that a racism that ingrained can dissapear in less than half a century, your dillusional.

k. most italians in america consider themselves white. most of the mafia heads from back in the day had just gotten off the boat (at least don corleone did) do thats why i say that about the sicilian mafia heads.

Originally posted by BeaztieGirl

First off I'm sicilian italian and I do consider myself white.

and there is no way in hell you're gonna tell me black people live in the projects because of white people. I know white people in the projects and we don't blame that on anyone, but ourselves. YOu are you're own motivation, if those crack hoes can't keep their legs crossed go out and get an education get a good job and keep their little gang bangin ass kids out of the streets that is no fault of mine....only their self pity and laziness is to blame.

wow..that is an unbelievably ignorant group of statements you are making..

to say only self pity and laziness is to blame is completely losing site of the culture in which blacks have lived for the past few hundred years..

abolishing slavery did little to improve the condition of lives of blacks..and to say they should have been able to pull their own communities out of the holes they were placed in by our government is an uninformed, racist opinion.

..and i think rappers love mobsters so much because they came from nothing to build empires for themselves, outside of society, and the law..

demading, earning respect is an empowering concept for those who have never had it

I find this an odd topic...and there's a bit of history to it that nobody has brought up yet. I'm surprised blacks would embrace anything Italian, except the general image of a brotherhood of power and money won by violence. Italians historically had animosity toward blacks dating all the way back to European invasion by the Moors. It crops up in The Godfather (the book), here's a semi-quote (off the top of my head, I don't have the book anymore):"As for his remarks about the coloreds, that was not even heard. That blacks had allowed society to grind them into the dust proved them of no account and showed that the Don of Detroit always had a mind that wavered toward irrelevancies." This was the unanimous opinion of the rest of the Dons in the room at the big peace meeting.

Another small reference comes up in the movie "True Romance", when the mob guys are shaking down the father (who lives by a train yard) for info on where the son is. He knows he's going to get killed no matter what, so he refuses to give them the info and insults the guy holding the gun by reminding him that Sicilians have part Moorish ancestry (Moors having been dark-skinned).

I see a little of this hostility in Miss Beaztie. In response I would just echo seeking's last statement about how the history doesn't go away in just 50 years.

Originally posted by Are2

.and to say they should have been able to pull their own communities out of the holes they were placed in by our government is an uninformed, racist opinion.

gEE I DON'T RECOLLECT SAYING THAT....

what i'm saying is people who live in the ghetto are in charge of getting themselves out....if they choose to stay their because they are to lazy to make changes for themselves that is their problem and I'm not speaking of their communities I'm speaking of each individual.

My best friend was born and raised in a fucking ghetto she now runs her own business and lives in a nicer house then my mom, and she didn't get there by screaming about her disadvantaged life she got there because she got off her ass.

Archived