sitcoms..

It's Always Sunny is hilarious, and Dee is ugly as fuck...you're a weirdo.

you think so? idk. not my steeze. seems forced half the time.. like when charlie takes "his" kid out to the park to get that coffeeshop broad? then the kid gets really drunk? and i forget what else happened. wasn't as funny as i had hoped. kids i talked to were hypin the show like crazy.

This, mixed w/ your location is kind of amusing.

:cool:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It is quite amazing that this series is still seen in repeats in some syndication markets across the country. Actually,in my own opinion it wasn't a bad series by the way since it ran for four seasons on two major networks. First it was on NBC for two seasons,then after NBC canceled the series,UPN picked it up for the duration of its run. The series was produced by the same individuals who were behind another successful series of the 1990's "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air".

First off,lets talk about the first two seasons went it appear on NBC-TV from 1995-1997. It centered around the Warren family which consisted of mother Jackie(Debbie Allen),daughter Tiffany(Maia Campbell),son Jeffery(Jeffrey Wood,who looked like the pint sized version of a miniature Steve Urkel who was gone by the end of the show's first season;in turn the actor resembled a slight look alike to actor Jaleel White of Family Matters fame,but smaller)and their landlord,ex-football star Marion Hill(played by LL Cool J). When it first came on most of the episodes from the first season consisted of the relationship between the divorce mom Jackie and the landlord Marion and their involvement with the kids which was in a point funny and hilarious in some of the earlier episodes but sometimes way overdrawn and overly acted(especially with the performances from Debbie Allen who was in turn the show's executive producer during its first two seasons)in their characters which during its last season the producers made sweeping changes to the show and from there network executives over at NBC pull the plug on this series making the change to another network the next season.

In the fall of 1997,the series moved over to the UPN Network where it ran for another two seasons which ended in 1999.Its improvement wasn't all that better but without the show's executive producer Debbie Allen from the first two seasons the show flourish anyway with the star power of actor/rapper LL Cool J as the lead support. During this switch their were some numerous changes involved with the series as well,but also the producers kept stars LL Cool J and Maia Campbell and added new characters to the mix including former In Living Color alumnus Kim Wayans,Alfonso Roberio(from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,and Silver Spoons),and Lark Voorhies(from The Jeffersons,and Saved By The Bell).

The show had a lot of transitions that were involved which frankly in my book killed it. All they had to do was keep the formula simple but in turn it fell completely apart since anyway. In all a great series.

cuz peeps are mentioning shows that are not sitcoms...

(this is about situation comedies, not TV shows. Dexter ain't a sitcom. neither was The Wire, or any of those reality shows.)

that's why so many suck now, all the 'situations' have been done to death (lousy marriage with smartass kids, Hate Raymond .., fat husband with hottie wife-a la King of Queens, the zany office crowd.. See Suddenly Susan) etc etc yuck.

the family ones are the worst, imho, which is why family matters and fresh prince sucked.

2 1/2 Men fucking sucks.

I like Seinfeld and 30 Rock a lot (mostly Seinfeld).

Boy Meets World is my other preferred "throwback" shit.

I can stomach Home Improvement, but I usually only laugh at one or two of the more outrageous things per episode.

2 1/2 Men fucking sucks.

All pretty shitty except for Home Improvement and sometimes Wayan Brothers...seriously dude, Steve Harvey? Unfunny as fuck

ROSEANNE?! FUCK! My ex used to watch that shit, I hate that white trash bitch so fucking much

It's Always Sunny is hilarious, and Dee is ugly as fuck...you're a weirdo.

However, Seinfeld is hilarious, and is definitely still a must watch whenever it's on. Same shit with King of Queens

How can one say "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" isn't funny?!?! It's one of the most laugh out loud hilarious shows out in the past decade, without a doubt. Seinfeld is a timeless hit and I find myself watching them daily... my bf and I record them and watch them when nothing else is on, which is often....

Curb Your Enthusiasm lost some of it's momentum in the last few seasons, but it's still good... Loved Flight of the Conchords, but 2nd season disappointed a bit, in comparison with season 1.

I miss the good ole sitcom..... Like "Family Ties", "Growing Pains", "Who's The Boss".... lol