FREE POSTERS FOR THOSE WHO WANT EM

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found this on ebay guides site:

Collectible posters are easy to find on eBay, but they're frequently damaged after you buy them, during the mailing process. Here's some observations about mailing posters, based on my personal experiences buying dozens and dozens of posters through the mails. I'm sad to report that more than half the posters I've received by mail have been bent, ripped, torn, folded, creased, rippled, even stained.

I'm tired of seeing good posters wounded forever, just because of poor mailing techniques. For any collectible item, condition equals value. The better the condition, the higher the value. This is especially true with posters. Here's my recommendations for the proper packing of posters.

First of all, let me thank the 6,000+ people who viewed this Guide as of January 3, 2008. I'm glad I can help people get the most out of their poster purchases. I am especially grateful to the few dozen people who took time to leave feedback on my Guide. I really admire people who leave feedback. You are a small percentage, but you spread good karma! Maybe, just maybe, you could leave feedback after reading this? That would sure make me happy. And now for the Guide.

First, you'll need the right supplies. You need thick mailing tubes, the kind that resist bending. You need wide, clear packing tape. You need stuffing material, such as bubble wrap or foam peanuts. You also need a special triangle-shaped, long box provided by the U.S. Post Office for Priority Mail and Express Mail. Now you're ready.

Second, pack the poster into the mailing tube snug, so it doesn't slide around. You might need to cut the mailing tube first, to fit the poster's length. Then roll the poster and put it inside. Don't use narrow rubber bands to secure the poster, because they can cut the edges or even melt into the poster. Simply roll the poster and stuff it into the tube. Let the poster unravel a bit inside the tube, so it completely fills the tube cavity.

Then place a little padding on both ends of the tube, to prevent the poster from sliding inside during shipping. Be sure to seal the ends of the tube using heavy mailing tape and if available, the plastic plug ends provided with some mailing tubes. Use several pieces of tape to seal each end. You don't want the ends to open during mailing.

Third, place the mailing tube inside a triangle-shaped box for Priority Mail provided free of charge by the U.S. Post Office. Float the tube inside the box with padding or foam peanuts, then seal the triangle-shaped box tight with packing tape. The tube inside the box, with added padding, provides some of the best protection for mailing a poster.

Fourth hand-deliver your item to a counter of the U.S. Post Office. They can handle insurance, proof of delivery, etc. to make sure your package arrives safely. Don't risk putting your item in a mail box or leaving it out for pick-up.

Fifth, be ready to receive your posters in the best fashion possible. The ideal place is a postal mail box, where you can pick it up from the counter, completely indoors. At least have a mail box that is sheltered from the elements. I've seen things damaged on my own porch, because of a little unexpected rain and an unprotected mail box.

Experienced poster sellers know how to mail their product properly, but many posters are sold by amateur collectors. When buying any poster on e-Bay, check out the mailing and packaging procedures. If these details are not specified, ask the buyer before you buy. Some may be accommodating to your needs, but many have a take-it or leave-it attitude.

I can honestly say I've never been ripped off when buying a poster. When there was damage, I returned the product to the seller and got a refund. Sometimes, I accepted the damage because I didn't want to give up the poster. If a poster is cheap and rare, you'll put up with imperfections.

Here's some of the mistakes I've seen sellers make when mailing posters:

1. The poster is rolled up and placed into a rolled up envelope, with nothing rigid to protect it during mailing.

2. The poster is too small for the mailing tube, and there's not packing material at the ends, so the poster slides back and forth during mailing, causing damage to the edges.

3. The poster is mailed flat, and because of the large size, the corners get bent, or the poster folds.

4. The poster is mailed in a thin packing tube, making it easy to bend or crush during mailing.

5. The poster is packed so tight into the mailing tube, it's almost impossible to open without damaging the poster.

6. The poster is cinched with rubber bands, which can melt into the poster or cut the edges.

Even though there's difficulties, I still like buying posters. I love the art. I like the large size. As my eyesight gets worse over the years, my big posters look better and better! Best of luck with your poster collection, whether you're buying or selling. May the conditions be right, for your poster to arrive in the right condition.

If this Guide is helpful, please take a moment to leave feedback. Thanks and have a great day!

it looks like the post office is your best bet...the tubes are free there.

officemax and staples sells them for like $3 per tube.

SR71 poster....

only cuz i know what's up

hook it neegro.

sorry man that F16 poster is already spoken for or else it would be all yers

caligula and dgk comin thru!

gonna grab some of those triangle boxes

hopefully the post office has em to hand out

not gonna bother with the cyinder inside tho most of these posters are pretty worn

edit:sorry guys. all the post offices in my area closed before i got off work and are closed all day tomorrow. monday is a govt holiday so theyll be closed then too. gonna have to wait til next week.

It seems the USPS gives away the triangle shipping boxes for free. I haven't tried it to see if they still do but you might want to take a look at it.

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10001&productId=10000724&WT.ac=P_O-1098M

i went to a few PO today to try to hunt these down but neither carried em in shop

im gonna order em online tomorrow after work. theyre free up to 100 of em.

this is gonna take longer than i anticipated but theyll get sent out. theyre already separated with names on em.

• 2 weeks later...

so i was buidiing the boxes for these right now

and the post office shorted me on boxes

i ordered 15 but got 10

i think they only ship em in orders of 10 and i fucked up and didnt realize.

so i only have 11 boxes(including the one they were shipped in) to use

so 4 people are gonna be outta luck

im not sure who is and isnt gonna be getting packages but if ive communicated with you on here since,

chances are youll be getting one