Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
detroit red

i WEEP for the youth

Without watching the clip I would like to counter the oft put forward idea that spanking children is necessary to good parenting that I see around here quite often. In my opinion if you need to resort to physical punishment to keep your kids in line you have already lost control of them.

I will raise my children the way my parents raised me. Like I said everything punishment wise was mostly verbal with my parents. I think growing up I got slapped maybe twice and spanked ten times max. I knew where I stood and they only ever hit me when I was extremely out of line.

Ill change my statement. physical reinforcement isnt NEEDED in raising a child but IF it were to happen on an occasion where someone would see fit then I wouldnt frown upon it.

I did have friends growing up that basically got beat for spilling milk....now that is something I would never back.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i dunno. i was hit on a somewhat consistent basis until i was 13-14. around the time i turned 12 i started fighting back, and when i cracked 5'10/180 my parents decided it was probably not a good idea to hit your son when he's bigger than you are.

i don't want to hit my kids if i end up having them.. although if/when i become a parent that'll probably change.

i was 6'3" 180 by the time i was 14/15....i remember bringing the car home 30 mins later than i was suppose to .....when i got home..my mom was on the phone with one of her friends....so i thought i could squeeze a weak excuse like..."i was stuck in rush hour traffic" while she was preoccupied. without missing a beat in the conversation she smelled the bull shit on my breath and quickly blew my chest out with a punch. did i mention my mom is 5'5" and 130lbs? did it hurt? no....

did i get the point that i am not slick enough to pull the wool over her eyes? absolutely.

The mom was being a cunt. The kid just wanted her to turn down the volume so he could relax. He tapped her to get her attention and she ignored his reasonable request. Then the talk they had solidified my impression of their relationship. I think the mother is a self serving asshole and the kid acts out because it's the only way he can get her attention. Honestly, I thought he was being pretty mature for his age despite physically lashing out at her.

haha, your moms doesn't play.

i'm 6'5 230 now... not much gets said anymore.

edit:@detroitred

No, man. That's not right.

It's like a puppy who you catch tearing something up. You give it a swat on the butt.

They eventually learn not to do that.

You don't pick said puppy up and slam it against the wall.

There's a big difference in discipline and abuse.

or a joke. i had the full gamut of domestic abuse done to me, i mean fuck, at 5 or 6 i was getting full out black eyes from someone that was almost 40 yrs old, then went into a household where i got my elbows literally stabbed with forks when they were visible on/near the tabletop and getting locked in a basement daily until i was kicked out, and the funny part is that the people who inflicted most of the damage were very 'upstanding', and frowned at such jokes like that too. i feel like the more you can joke around about grave (general, not specific or aimed at a person specifically) situations, you're that much better equipped for life. i remember my stepdad got a call from his job one night (cop), and had to go cut down someone that just hung himself. after he got back home, i heard about 2 hours worth of suicide jokes.

what was i getting at now? oh well. whatever.

that kid looks tuff as hell in that pink polo shirt hahah

but foreal, disciplining your kids is part of being a parent. man up and show that ungrateful, fat little fucker who's the boss. handle that shit while they're still young, because if you cant put your 10 year old in check, have fun trying to lay down the law when hes 16

Does nobody else find it funny that a board full of criminals is trying to talk about kids who are out of control?

First off the fat little fucker needs to be taken of his high fructose and butter diet, i hate seeing these little kids with man boobs at 8-10 years old......that is the parents fault.

Chances are if the little motherfucker wasnt getting his choices met in the grocery dept...like a fat monarch, he would understand he isnt going to get everything he is after.

Secondly, i would slap that kid if i saw that shit.....even if he is not my kid.

or a joke. i had the full gamut of domestic abuse done to me, i mean fuck, at 5 or 6 i was getting full out black eyes from someone that was almost 40 yrs old, then went into a household where i got my elbows literally stabbed with forks when they were visible on/near the tabletop and getting locked in a basement daily until i was kicked out, and the funny part is that the people who inflicted most of the damage were very 'upstanding', and frowned at such jokes like that too. i feel like the more you can joke around about grave (general, not specific or aimed at a person specifically) situations, you're that much better equipped for life. i remember my stepdad got a call from his job one night (cop), and had to go cut down someone that just hung himself. after he got back home, i heard about 2 hours worth of suicide jokes.

what was i getting at now? oh well. whatever.

Yeah, you've told me about your stepdad and what kind of a prick he is.

I don't think abuse like that is warranted, but I do think you have to let

your kids know what's up sometimes.

I've got some friends that don't spank their grandkid and the little shit

needs it so bad. He'll take a bowl of whatever and stand right in front of

you and dump it. That is when you need to give the kid a good spanking.

They won't. They don't even give him a "time out". Can't wait to see when

he's a teenager. They deserve it.

oh yeah dude. some kids really need it bad. it's sort of strange though because i think that physical punishment can do an inch or a mile of damage to a kid.

example - myself, i'm an extremely mild person due to what i had to deal with, but with some people who i've known that have had some pretty bad living situations, they're now total sociopaths with serious problems of reoccurring violent behavior. not like 'have a few and get into a fight at the bar' type stuff, but guys that have no problem just pulling a knife, or when they do get into that 'one little fight', they go off the deep end and almost end up killing the other person.

Having these little bastards was the first mistake.

Dogs > kids.

P.S.- That fat Iraqi kid is hilarious. He would murder the joyrider kid.

When I clicked that first link, I thought it was going to be brokencyde or teen hearts or some shit like that.

Anyway, the mom said "dude" haha.

fucking dumb kid. he probably has no friends at all.

Anyone ever see the Bayou/Vegan episode of Wife Swap?

zz.jpg

That kid is the coolest little kid out there.

Just saw this a couple weeks ago. This kid had me dying.

Yeah, you've told me about your stepdad and what kind of a prick he is.

I don't think abuse like that is warranted, but I do think you have to let

your kids know what's up sometimes.

I've got some friends that don't spank their grandkid and the little shit

needs it so bad. He'll take a bowl of whatever and stand right in front of

you and dump it. That is when you need to give the kid a good spanking.

They won't. They don't even give him a "time out". Can't wait to see when

he's a teenager. They deserve it.

you got the right idea casek. there is spanking and there is abuse. and morton is pretty right on too, start consistant disapline and physical punishments most likely won't be necessary. lazy parents cause bad ass kids. i generally will threaten a spanking and that's enough. but we lay down the law for our kids consistantly. teaching your kids respect is the best lesson they can learn.