The Trip Hop / Acid Jazz / Downtempo Thread

compton red

have you guys heard of the mushroom jazz series?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushroom_Jazz

I have 1-5, they're pretty solid.

youtube is kind of sparse on samples from the series, but the two i mentioned on the first post in this thread come from that.

also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcl88sWfvLU

i feel sorry for anyone who isnt up on the mushroom jazz series. mushroom jazz vol 1 was one of the first non hiphop or punk rock records i bought.

my boys group got a track on vol.5

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how the fuck did you know my sta-...oh. Milwaukee thread. oneida seems to get corny people. Like barry manilow. We do get some nice acts but the venues are meeeeh. I could always go to chicago with no problem but i have to be 17+ to get into most places. nuckin futs

And yes the term nu jazz i a little cliche.

i feel sorry for anyone who isnt up on the mushroom jazz series. mushroom jazz vol 1 was one of the first non hiphop or punk rock records i bought.

my boys group got a track on vol.5

Let me tell you mother fuckers something. You ain't knowing about Mushroom Jazz unless you got the mix tape with the pink cover and the one that was live from Texas..

I uploaded both ages ago in the Mixtrader thread.

I doubt the links still work, but maybe I can find them and post up for everyone.

Quick story:

Took shrooms at a rave held at the infamous Orange Show Arena. I was the only one tripping cuz I caught taking in like a 1/2oz for everyone. So they all made me run back to the car(yes I got them back) alone. So when I go there I popped some. I was looking through some mix tapes when the shrooms kicked and fucking the next tape I saw was Mushroom Jazz. No brainer. Best soundtrack heading back home from a rave. FARINA is just fucking sick with it.

Update: http://ezeskankin.com/

Go there they have the live Mushroom Jazz tapes from Texas, but not the one I have.

I saw Farina play the tour for Mushroom Jazz Vol.1.

That dude is hands down one of my favorite DJs. I think I saved the bootlegs of live sets I have on tape. If not --shit.

Ya for sure. I used to see this dude in SF all the time. Saw him at IBIZA hotel in oakland a few times.So cool. Candlestick park. And somehow, someone rented out the USS HORNET on alameda island. The parties that went on, still probably go on, are ridiculous out there. Went down to sylmar outside of la to see him in 01 (?) at electric daisy carnival. IOU probably remembers that.

Miles maeda spun a lot of the same type of deep house- downtempo. He's kinda out there now. Doing yoga and shit...

P1310596.jpg.1f4a34f254ffa6ba7a74da93e7a65504.jpg