new 12oz logo.. sign of more things to come?

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you prove that? I think Raven would be overjoyed if 12 oz just broke even/paid for itself.

you're sadly misinformed if you think its not about trying to make money now

Hes somewhat right Shai, we are trying to make money, FINALLY. because if we don't keep up with the some type of revenue income from this huge with this huge website/forum.. people like b-40 wouldnt have anywhere to come and complain about the site they hang out on..

anyhow, we do alot more than run this site, as some of you know we do alot of Agency work for many clients, corporate and smaller industry brands.. mostly behind the scenes advertising campaings and consulting.. but its funny that for as ahead of the game as we are with things, most people on 12oz. tend to want to stay behind the pack, thats fine, but you can just stand behind us as we pave new ground for what WE (the owners) think is right for a website that basically is a side project we are just putting more thought into because if we dont we might as well just wrap it up and keep making money with our agency work, instead of pumping OUR money into this website so people hate...

the logo comments are everyones opinion and we appreciate, but nonsense comments about how much money or where this site is going is pretty lame..B-40 should just move off this lame site and go over to bombing science....

http://www.bombingscience.com/

good luck with that.

P.

Hes somewhat right Shai, we are trying to make money, FINALLY. because if we don't keep up with the some type of revenue income from this huge with this huge website/forum.. people like b-40 wouldnt have anywhere to come and complain about the site they hang out on.

I took that comment as "12 oz is selling out" and I know that's not the case. I don't know what gives people the impression that running a site this size is easy or cheap...even if it started turning a profit tomorrow, it would be a while before Raven recouped on the hosting/hardware costs alone.

If that comment was about the ads, find a forum of this size that's been around for ten years that doesn't have them. I don't think it will be very easy, though.

As for the "this place sucks, this place is all about money, this place is selling out."

You're stupid. Get a fucking life. This shit has been going on for over 10 years, has probably grown bigger than ever expected. How are you going to expect it to "keeps it real" like that. If you were a farmer and had a hen that laid good sized eggs for ten years, then one day started shooting random blood diamonds out it's egg hole --would you say "fuck that I'm not cashing this shit in."

No. You'd shop around for jewelers with deep pockets and try and keep that fucking hen alive for as long as you could.

As for the "this place sucks, this place is all about money, this place is selling out."

You're stupid. Get a fucking life. This shit has been going on for over 10 years, has probably grown bigger than ever expected. How are you going to expect it to "keeps it real" like that. If you were a farmer and had a hen that laid good sized eggs for ten years, then one day started shooting random blood diamonds out it's egg hole --would you say "fuck that I'm not cashing this shit in."

No. You'd shop around for jewelers with deep pockets and try and keep that fucking hen alive for as long as you could.

12 oz went from being a graffiti website that happened to have a forum to what it is now. I'm not sure if that was the original plan, but there's no way you can fault Raven for what direction the forum takes. That's on us.

As far as this goes...

12oz has lost its way over the years, taking a site that could have made lots of money, into a site that the owners want to make a lot of money with, missing opportunities, taking wrong steps. Just a series of bad moves.

Again, I'd like to see you back up some of these claims.

Better yet, your comprehensive knowledge of all of the mistakes 12 oz made obviously qualifies you to build up a much better website/forum...then after you've worked hard and paid out of pocket for ten years and HAVE to run some ads to keep it going, Raven and company can stop by and point out how incompetent and greedy you are.

well for you 12oz photochopper. want to win $1000. famous NY dj is having a contest

IT'$ CONTE$T TIME AGAIN > 2010 is here & has been remixed as: 2000&TENaglia! & whoever can come up with a Best Logo/Font/Idea & Concept shall Win TEN $100.00 Bill$! PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES HERE ON FB, But Only to: contest@dannytenaglia.com Thanks & that's all I can fit in headline! :-)

that pretty much sums it up...no one really understands how hosting and owning "up to date" servers works.. first off we dont have some wak default forum we set up a V bulletin for starters. We don't run this site on some "Hosting value package" plan over at go daddy for $20 a month. Try a couple thousand dollars in bandwidth a month and the usual drop of 12k or so on topped out servers at least every 2 yrs.. Id love to break it down to the core of how much upkeep this site is, but Id rather put forth my energy into the completion of this new site.

12 oz went from being a graffiti website that happened to have a forum to what it is now. I'm not sure if that was the original plan, but there's no way you can fault Raven for what direction the forum takes. That's on us.

As far as this goes...

Again, I'd like to see you back up some of these claims.

Better yet, your comprehensive knowledge of all of the mistakes 12 oz made obviously qualifies you to build up a much better website/forum...then after you've worked hard and paid out of pocket for ten years and HAVE to run some ads to keep it going, Raven and company can stop by and point out how incompetent and greedy you are.

:: kanye blog post all caps steez::

ALL VERY VALID POINTS!!! THANK YOU!!

I think people also forget that Raven isn't some 22 year old kid who wants to stay sitting on a couch full of cigarette burns and swamp ass, talking shit about graffiti kids, over 40's of OE.

clapping.gif

I think people also forget that websites don't make themselves. It's a long process and time is money.

How many vBulletin licenses did you have to purchase for the site?

Anyone who wants to know what those cost can google "vBulletin pricing" and check out the full package...and that's just for the software. Templates, themes and fonts are separate items.

People really shouldn't be bitching about 12oz making money, it is making money for the right reasons - to make the site better and have a more effective and satisfying place for it's users.

If 12oz was all about making money and that was the only goal then you would see a lot of the retarded adverts that are on sites like BS and PG (I mean PG had a banner ad for Gay thug dating for fucks sake). Which is also clear when you compare our Alexia rating to the other graf sites. A lot of money has been funnelled into this site by the owners and I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people on here that had funneled their own money into something for over 10 years would have given up by now, but 12oz is still reinventing and progressing.

People need to stop whineing and be positive, have some trust in Raven, this site has always been good he isn't about to steer it wrong now.