new 12oz logo.. sign of more things to come?

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider the talent pool that 12 oz has to choose from. Then ask yourself, "Why would Raven farm out the task of creating the logo/brand identity that will be on every page of the site for two years?"

thehomercar.jpg

It's interesting to look at, but would you want that to be the first thing you saw every time you logged on?

I mean we are a graffiti forum but we dont have to beat the viewer to death with everything having to be graff. I think with the creativity of those controlling the site there is no reason why it cant have a nice prestige about itself.

Thanks, thats basically our approach to everything.. most heads dont realize that when 12oz prophet was a graff mag back in the day.. it was always ahead of the pack.. we tend to think we still strive for that title.. we dont try to fit into the culture...we try and help educate and grow the culture..

With that said.. yeah its cool to use some graff hand style element here and there.. but when you're

rocking some played out graff style logo in this day and age.. you pretty much are trying to say you havent grown up and are still stuck in the late 90's (no offense) .. nothing wrong with that, but around here we step it up above the norm and bring something new to the table every time.

Once again alot of major changes will happen to this site in this first quarter of the year... some people will hate it and some will understand where we are going with things.. The overhaul 12oz is getting is beyong just a face lift, the development thats to come will be up to par with most of your major big corporate social sites.. just most people wont even know/understand how much hard work it's taken (most of 2009) to make what's become of all this new development.

/end rant...

p.s. Our new "pizza" logo is fucken sick.. but my opinion is bias as I had alot to do with the creation behind it... once again "in context that shit will always pop off. stay tuned!

i did one

21733205.jpg

just gimme the recipe & we can call it even

BUMP!

I'm just gonna' go against the "moderator grain" here and say that that new logo is cheap and ugly if it's for real and a final cut.

Sorry.

12-2.jpg

Since when?

Since I stayed at the Hyatt (I think) in downtown D.C.

Maybe it was the Marriot...Whatever hotel is walking distance from Adam's Morgan or whatever it's called.

There's all sorts of strange Pacific Islanders working in that area that we don't have 'round here and they make bangin' nachos.

They're like bootleg Mexicans.