Batak Oblama state of the union 2010

YouMad.GIF

I am gald I dont live in America because your political system just doesn't allow things to be changed quickly, every turn the opposition just throws up stupid bullshit that stops important changes being passed.

Sort of, things can be changed quickly; the problem is that politicians are elected every 2, 4, or 6 years which puts the onus on them to get reelected as opposed to making solid long term policies.. Consider that financial regulations may well be enacted soon putting the squeeze on big finance..I strongly believe that down the road another Reagan/Bush type will get elected and repeal the regulations setting the table for another boom/bust.. This country has always been prone to economic booms and busts, part of the reason why the Federal Reserve was created in the first place.

Casek: You support limited gov't but you think that banks were overzealous? Am I reading you correctly?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the State of the Union address online, and it was a pretty good speech I thought, I wouldnt have been able to sit through an hour of George Bush rattling off in his retarded nature. While I am not a huge fan of politicians and dont believe they should be trusted, I don't understand the hate towards Obama, he was the best choice you had in the recent election.

You guys moaning that nothing has changed in a year don't understand how long it can take to change things, it isn't just a case of snapping your fingers and everything being fine. I am gald I dont live in America because your political system just doesn't allow things to be changed quickly, every turn the opposition just throws up stupid bullshit that stops important changes being passed.

I think Poesia was pretty much on point with what he said earlier in the thread and I am pretty sure he has a better understanding of the financial implications of what would have happened had the banks been left to fail in comparison to the vast majority of people on this site.

truth.

Sort of, things can be changed quickly; the problem is that politicians are elected every 2, 4, or 6 years which puts the onus on them to get reelected as opposed to making solid long term policies.. Consider that financial regulations may well be enacted soon putting the squeeze on big finance..I strongly believe that down the road another Reagan/Bush type will get elected and repeal the regulations setting the table for another boom/bust.. This country has always been prone to economic booms and busts, part of the reason why the Federal Reserve was created in the first place.

Casek: You support limited gov't but you think that banks were overzealous? Am I reading you correctly?

I support limited government and think the banks straight looted us.