POLAROID + LADY GAGA =

T.T Boy

the new creative director for polarioid. im very sad since polaroid discontinued the real polaroids and replacd them with those stupid digital things. i heard fuji has the rights to make the film, but im not paying 30000000 for one of those ugly cameras. now, with all my stash of film gone, maybe ill get some cool disco stick ones.

how the fuck did they give her this job?

jacked from motherboard.tv

http://www.motherboard.tv/2010/1/8/polaroid-goes-gaga

heres the video for you lazy fucks

Finally, someone gave Lady Gaga a job. Yesterday, the successor to Michael Jackson became creative director of Polaroid, a move designed to at last give the company a leg up in the market of transexual robots aged 18-24. Although Polaroid discontinued its traditional analog cameras in 2008, a rallying cry by fans — and the dedicated work of the Impossible Project — convinced the company’s new owners to resuscitate the instant camera alongside a line of digital offerings, including a new kind of instant camera.

Though the arrangement was more about partnership than marketing, according to Gaga, the campaign will star the self-described “Polaroid girl” in the company’s marketing campaigns as well as on social networking channels. In turn, Polaroid is expected to be a presence at Lady Gaga’s concerts. The Lady’s own designs — the product of coming into the office at least twice a month — would be on shelves by the end of the year. In a blow to the future of product design, her face will not appear on any of the products. We’re looking forward to seeing how this develops (tee hee!).

On one hand, seeing Lady Gaga get all philosophical about Polaroid like she’s at some Williamsburg salon party (see video above) is a bit disorienting. On the other (more robotic) hand, in a world that can worship Lady Gaga (let alone Weezy), this bizarre synergistic moment all makes sense really: a pop star obsessed by monsters allying herself with a zombie technology. Wearing her poker face for the nerd-papparazzi at the press conference yesterday at CES in Las Vegas, Gaga for a moment seemed arguably more powerful than Bill Gates. Her weaved and splayed hairdo alone was a technological wonder, like an inverse homemade satellite dish in a post-apocalyptic film. But look down, and she was a mix of gothic My Fair Lady and Madonna with a hint of Clock King and fake British eloquence (compare images in the slideshow above).

And I thought I was the only little girl who spent her childhood watching old Hepburn movies and Batman cartoons. I just haven’t been able to take it out on a life-size Barbie.

polaroid dorks discuss

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh another polaroid interview from the same site

http://www.motherboard.tv/2010/1/19/the-impossible-project-is-about-to-shake-up-film-like-a-polaroid-picture-the-mb-interview

and they are remaking some new films. a lot different but should be interesting.

all the stock i had expired in july 09. that was the longest we could find in the uk.

and using it 5 months after it was all red and shitty.

im excited to at least have something to use in my polaroid collection.

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/2009

I am disapointed. I am sure they will make a killing now.

I have fears though that this product will change drastically in years to come.

Speaking of old Hepburn movies/ breakfast at tiffany's...

Paul Varjak: [reaches into his pocket at the Tiffany's counter]

We could have something engraved, couldn't we?

Tiffany's salesman: Yes, I suppose so, yes indeed... the only problem

is you would more or less have to buy something first if only in

order to have some object upon which to place the engraving...

You see the difficulty...

Paul Varjak: Well, uh

[holds up ring from Cracker Jack box]

Paul Varjak: , we could have this engraved, couldn't we?

I think it would be very smart.

Tiffany's salesman: [taking ring and examining it] This, I take it, was not purchased at Tiffany's?

Paul Varjak: No, actually it was purchased concurrent

with, uh, well, actually, came inside of... well, a box of Cracker Jack.

Tiffany's salesman: I see...

[continuing to look at ring]

Tiffany's salesman: Do they still really have prizes in Cracker Jack boxes?

Paul Varjak: Oh yes.

Tiffany's salesman: That's nice to know... It gives one a feeling

of solidarity, almost of continuity with the past, that sort of thing.

Lady Gaga's music is catchy as fuck, and when I'm drunk and it comes on at the bar I certainly don't mind

That said, she is a disgusting fucking mutant, and if I never had to see her again I could die a happy man

"The principles that I’m applying to the office are the same that have made Lady Gaga a star…or any number of drag queens."

W T F.

i hope she makes them produce the film again.

that is an odd collabo since she seems so effin out there, not to mention a lil busy with some other shit like wearing weird outfits and performing and playing piano lol.

anyway. TT, the fuji film is good. i use it. it's also not that expensive.

i'll give you one of my cameras, i got 3 off ebay a few years back and they all work.

i don't use them as often as i'd like. you gotta come get it though. ha

that hats some fresh prince of bel air type shit. SMASH that bitch in the back left with her cleavage showin and thinking shes a gangsta. TRASH that bitch in the front, and if that black thing in the front is a bitch too, then trash it too for sure. EAT that donut. Smoke weed with that dude in the back with the rasta colors. make fun of white dude with the gold rope chain for his glasses. eat those donuts hes reaching in for too.

damn i read that picture too much.... damn... i ned a job... OBAMA!!!!!! WHERE MY JOB!

theo is right...her face is a d+...

....c- at best.

although...i dont think she rocks those outfits to compensate.

...i think she is just on some other shit....andre 3000 steelo.

who knows...maybe her and erica badu scissored.

that would explain it.

godamn you erica badu and your voodoo pussy!!!!