Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lord_casek

Glacier alarm 'regrettable error': UN climate head

Some people understate the importance of alarmist predictions being presented to the public as fact from supposedly scientific organisations like the IPCC. What they don't realise is how much public money is spent and to what extent public policy is directed by what these big climate change institutes claim as fact. It is very scary that what an unqualified professor speculated in a magazine years ago was turned into a 'scientific fact' that was used to influence governmental policy worldwide, and that if someone hadn't noticed the lack of any actual data to back up this claim then those who didn't just accept the claim on face value without a grain of scepticism would still be looked upon as delusional right wing capitalist nutjobs by the climate change hysteria mob.

Yeah this is some shit writing a letter or saying ''whoops'' isnt going to fix.

Ive been skeptic of global warming and all that noise since I first started to hear about it. If anything this proves its a sack of shit, and the UN is completly useless

Uh, they're not saying global warming doesn't exist. They're saying the Himalayan glacier isnt going to melt before 2035. It's still a good idea to weatherize your homes/reduce your carbon footprint.

Yeah that shits all fine and dandy, but here in VA it hasnt snowed the last 3 years, and the last two weeks weve been buried in snow. Global Warming at work

lets put in lamens terms for you then....

sun melt ice.

..not you breathing or your dog farting.

Let me neg prop you.

I click nega-props.

..not positive props, cause you speak like an idiot

Yeah that shits all fine and dandy, but here in VA it hasnt snowed the last 3 years, and the last two weeks weve been buried in snow. Global Warming at work

Weather and climate are two different things. The earth is warming, there is no doubt about that, even among those who don't believe humans are the cause. It's also possible that Global Warming could cause more "extreme" weather.

Weather and climate are two different things. The earth is warming, there is no doubt about that, even among those who don't believe humans are the cause. It's also possible that Global Warming could cause more "extreme" weather.

I see ya, you bring up good points but I still gatta disagree on them. i just havent seen solid evidence and I sopose theres somewhat of a bias since my home weather pattern seems to be on my side. The green house gas effect process seems probable but I still dont think that itd make the word all that much hotter and overall global warming is a scam to ween us off oil.

Every time a global warming conspiracy tin-foil hat bullshit thread gets thoroughly debunked in crossfire, a new one pops up. I'm tired of explaining why your opinions are laughably naive, so here's this:

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Thanks for the posi-props you Cunt.

Facepalm your birth.

And why were on the subject, if you believe so much in global warming what are you doing to fix it?

Im not sure why anyone would doubt the existence of global warming. This isnt anything new so you can't just say that it's some government plot made up by the current or last government administration. It's been around since the 1939, and if you want more proof consider this: scientists are basically paid to disagree with one another. There is no personal gain for a scientist to agree with another scientist about global warming except EVERY SINGLE ONE IN THE WORLD DOES.

But here's the kicker: if you dont believe in global warming you should still take the exact same steps as everyone to fix it for the following reasons:

Lowering your electrical bill and at the same time lowering asthma in inner cities, improving your air quality, and the food you eat. Also, you will be creating a new local job market and helping your local economy/facilities like schools etc.

40% of all carbon emissions come from buildings. This starts with their construction, then the power needed to run the building, then retrofitting because the building's falling apart etc. So heres what you can do: weatherize your house, put up solar panels, solar water heating, energy efficient bulbs, all that crap. If you can't afford to do these things, look around for either "green collar jobs" organizations or talk to your gas and electric company. In Oakland, there are community activist groups that work with local solar panel builders and contracters to weatherize impoverished neighborhoods at no cost to them. The whole project is paid for by the money saved on their electrical bill and when it's paid off in 5 years you start reaping all the cost benefits. Some power companies offer the same thing, and if they dont, find your local green collar organization, or if you dont have one, find a different one for help and start canvasing your neighborhood and gathering support so you can ask your power company to do it. Just remember to demand that they keep construction of solar panels locally.

Your local power company wants to do this because unless they find ways to reduce everyone's electricity usage, they're going to have to double the number of coal plants in 38 years. Kids with asthma in inner cities is becoming a bigger and bigger issue. It's also affecting farmers and inevitably everything you eat. So the same steps you would take to prevent global warming would prevent air pollution, allergies, asthma, disease, healthy foods and water, save you money, increase the value of your home, create more jobs, create a more sustainable economy, etc.

Im not sure why anyone would doubt the existence of global warming. This isnt anything new so you can't just say that it's some government plot made up by the current or last government administration. It's been around since the 1939, and if you want more proof consider this: scientists are basically paid to disagree with one another. There is no personal gain for a scientist to agree with another scientist about global warming except EVERY SINGLE ONE IN THE WORLD DOES.

Pretty silly to say that all scientists agree.

True... but the consensus that anthropogenic global warming exists is true as well. In other words, the dissenters are thought to have a far weaker case by the scientific community in general. The evidence keeps piling up and leading to similar conclusions. The case for anthropogenic global warming has become stronger and stronger over the years, not weaker.

Yes, but considering no scientist is payed to agree with any other scientist, the fact that 90% of earth scientists believe there is a climate change and 80% believe it's man made is a substantial worldly concensus which believes man-made global warming is real.

Thanks for the posi-props you Cunt.

Right back at you...

I'm not here to drop knowledge anymore, just to clown morons like you. :D

Channel Zero is the section above this one.

I've posted several articles from people who aren't completely sold on the extent of damage that is being done.

The Earth runs in cycles, we are just in between cycles. In the 70's the Earth was going to freeze.

We're still good.

Believe what you want.

We're still good.

Not exactly. Our entire economy and our way of life is still very unsustainable and out of balance with the capacity of our world. Thinking we're good to carry on as we currently are would still destroy the environment and us. Im not saying global warming is our top priority, im saying it's a symptom to a much larger condition thats needs the same steps taken to undo.

Of course they're improvements on how we go about doing things.

I doubt anyone will dispute this. However the political agenda that is behind global warming is what I am more disputing.

That and the fear mongering. It only hurts.

I basically meant that the world didn't freeze over in the 70's like "most" scientists we're leading towards, we're still alive and well we aren't all living in igloo's.

Right back at you...

I'm not here to drop knowledge anymore, just to clown morons like you. :D

Becuse its crossfire ill give you a pass, but trust me man you couldnt clown me on my worst day.

Back to the subject, you bring up good points Soup and if you want an argument against what you proposed to cut back on our living then youve got the wrong guy. Without a doubt theres some water to the argument, I just have a hard time believing anything the goverment and more importantly the UN gets behind. However believe in it or not the steps to ''reduce'' the effects would be good for everyone to take part in

Channel Zero is the section above this one.

I've posted several articles from people who aren't completely sold on the extent of damage that is being done.

The Earth runs in cycles, we are just in between cycles. In the 70's the Earth was going to freeze.

We're still good.

Believe what you want.

This.

And the fact there have been Ice ages and other several huge Climate changes on our planet even before Mankind was in existance.

Political agenda? What political agenda? Here's how a global warming political agenda goes:

1. Solar panels all along the sun belt and the rooftops of every house

2. Wind farms along the plane states

3. Recycling of methane emissions from cattle farms into ozone-friendly power

4. Enough viable "green" transportation where it's no longer an "alternative."

5. Preservation of natural resources

6. reduction in coal mines and plants

7. Greener uranium substitutes found

We'd stop burning fossil fuels, be an entirely self sufficent power grid which would create more local jobs especially in poorer labor communities, air would be cleaner, people would be healthier, energy would be cheaper (which means everything would be cheaper), and life would be better. Why would anyone be against this form of a political agenda that's better for everyone?

What possible downside is there? My gas guzzling sportbikes become socially unacceptable? That seems to be the biggest concern for folks against these kinds of changes. If that's the case come out to infineon with me this May and check out the world's first electric sportbike grand prix. Everything that's happening under this "political agenda" is the coolest shit ever. That's all i gotta say.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now