I know you all love Banksy up in here...

HydrogenPeroxide

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Banksy's stencils are really bad compared to the work I've seen. His paintings are actually pretty good, but well he doesn't seem to do many. His work is terribly unoriginal and unimaginative.

I find it very hard to respect him for anything other than a businessman.

The synopsis for the movie seems interesting as well:

"It is described as the story of how an eccentric French shop keeper turned documentary maker attempted to locate and befriend Banksy, only to have the artist turn the camera back on him."

"Banksy said: "It's the story of how one man set out to film the un-filmable. And failed"."

T;7074667']Wow you guys are crying over banksy going over that dissed Robbo and he only didnt go over the parts that were visible. You guys are fucking drama queens' date=' i would say he was more preserving than dissing that piece.[/color']

its the flickr photo of erabik piecing around a twist head all over again!!!

Graffiti Sacrilege

and I feel the same way about both, they should be preserved by leaving them the fuck alone.

la times

“Gift Shop” becomes less of a movie about Banksy, his work and his complicated relationship with Guetta and more a study of how we see and appraise art -- either through some subjective aesthetic test or economic valuation. Do artists need to earn their fame, or is fame simply imposed upon them through some random algorithm? Is Mr. Brainwash’s work (he did the cover of Madonna’s new CD) derivative and contrived, and who’s to say if it is?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/01/sundance-2010-banksy.html

la times

“Gift Shop” becomes less of a movie about Banksy, his work and his complicated relationship with Guetta and more a study of how we see and appraise art -- either through some subjective aesthetic test or economic valuation. Do artists need to earn their fame, or is fame simply imposed upon them through some random algorithm? Is Mr. Brainwash’s work (he did the cover of Madonna’s new CD) derivative and contrived, and who’s to say if it is?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/01/sundance-2010-banksy.html

God, I fucking hate movie critics.

Don't get me started on food critics either.

• Like 1

This argument=

Gay-Dad-3-Songs-141957.jpg

He's good at what he does and he's got a sense of humor about it, whereas the majority of Channel Zero fails on both counts.

I draw and tag for me, I could care less what other people think. Nobody is throwing money at me to do what I do or asking me to show my stuff in galleries...I'm sure if that were the case, I'd have to give a shit and it would probably be a lot less fulfilling and it would definitely be a lot less fun.

Some of you seem to think graff and the gossip that comes with it are the two most important things in the world. If that's all you got to worry about, consider yourself lucky.

so if i make wheatpaste of merlin rap battling a dragon i go far in art world?

im dead ass my dude, im finna to get on this artsy shit. im talking about giant wheatpastes of barney engulfing a school bus in flames via flamethrower.

I think what all you are failing to realize is you need to hop on the bandwagon and cash in on this shit... i mean c'mon wheatpastes of obama fighting lizard people whilst riding a giant unicorn?

propped for jumpstarting my art career!

i just had an emulshion paint and car boot situation similar to the one in the trailer.

not best pleased!

that is all i have to add on the matter other than the fact that a lot of people are making themselves look really stupid by commenting on this gay, not really worth chatting about, oh no here comes the graff vs streetart arguemnet, topic.