I know you all love Banksy up in here...

HydrogenPeroxide

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, here comes the hate.

I'm not a Banksy groupie but dude did his thing and is reaping the rewards.

Then, the crabs in the bucket pull him back down.

I've seen some of your graffiti/artwork on here people and trust me, artistically and probably intellectually, Banksy's got most of you beat.

There...I said it and say what you feel against it. I won't abuse my powers, but I will debate you.

/drunkandfeisty

Agreed 100%

writersbeef21.jpg

thats lame as fuck.i understand they got beef and all but id much rather look at real graff from back in the 80's then to see more of banksy's shit. it gets old..

i used to like banksy,but he got hyped to the point that i cant stand his shit anymore. i also cant stand the fact that his shit is considered graffiti. imo he isnt a writer. stenciling/wheatpasting is some othershit all together.he does some pretty cool stuff but the media attention and seeing his shit over and over and over again makes me sick of him.

You have to be born before 1981 to understand this in my opinion, or just starting graff. I don't give a shit about robbo or banksy but what i do understand is that one guy fell off and the other one is still putting in work. Legends don't live off old fame, and if they do it is because they actually built something that should last forever. One 1988 whole car don't give you a reason to be famous forever, i don't know the history so unless he is the UK version of Dondi then my bad. All i see is another old cat hating on another old cat.

I stop caring about most of your opinions when i learned your ages and understand that you actually are still trying to keep it real. Us older folk could give a fuck if banksy is keeping it real or not. I know he puts out more work than 90% of this board, so that being said i doubt any of you have a leg to stand on commenting on this shit.

The other 10% that actually have the right to comment i agree to disagree with you sir. And fuck the hating why aren't we talking about you in threads in 12 oz. More than likely cause you are all pretty insignificant as the next guy.

I actually have more respect for banksy keeping it real than i have for half the ironlak team and other writers out there getting paid to do half ass graffiti. You guys jock other writers on this forum doing some wack shit that in there hey day would be considered wack, but they could care less cause there getting paid and are hustling beating the system. Banksy isnt out there with his own spray paint color, or selling clothes in Zumies is he. No he is on the under Making Art he believes in. You are all hating, do you see him painting billboards for Nike, or LRG. Nope. Cause he obviously does this for his own reasons, and somehow thinks doing it on the streets is his way of expressing himself. Doing a mock film is another way of saying fuck you to the Media, and telivision. If you cant see fuck you, and mockery in this trailer than you guys are all idiots. I cant believe i wasted my breath spoon feeding you 18 year olds.

YAHEARDME

• Like 5

T;7072517']You have to be born before 1981 to understand this in my opinion, or just starting graff. I don't give a shit about robbo or banksy but what i do understand is that one guy fell off and the other one is still putting in work. Legends don't live off old fame, and if they do it is because they actually built something that should last forever. One 1988 whole car don't give you a reason to be famous forever, i don't know the history so unless he is the UK version of Dondi then my bad. All i see is another old cat hating on another old cat.

I stop caring about most of your opinions when i learned your ages and understand that you actually are still trying to keep it real. Us older folk could give a fuck if banksy is keeping it real or not. I know he puts out more work than 90% of this board, so that being said i doubt any of you have a leg to stand on commenting on this shit.

The other 10% that actually have the right to comment i agree to disagree with you sir. And fuck the hating why aren't we talking about you in threads in 12 oz. More than likely cause you are all pretty insignificant as the next guy.

I actually have more respect for banksy keeping it real than i have for half the ironlak team and other writers out there getting paid to do half ass graffiti. You guys jock other writers on this forum doing some wack shit that in there hey day would be considered wack, but they could care less cause there getting paid and are hustling beating the system. Banksy isnt out there with his own spray paint color, or selling clothes in Zumies is he. No he is on the under Making Art he believes in. You are all hating, do you see him painting billboards for Nike, or LRG. Nope. Cause he obviously does this for his own reasons, and somehow thinks doing it on the streets is his way of expressing himself. Doing a mock film is another way of saying fuck you to the Media, and telivision. If you cant see fuck you, and mockery in this trailer than you guys are all idiots. I cant believe i wasted my breath spoon feeding you 18 year olds.

YAHEARDME

Exactly

• Like 1

T;7072517']You have to be born before 1981 to understand this in my opinion, or just starting graff. I don't give a shit about robbo or banksy but what i do understand is that one guy fell off and the other one is still putting in work. Legends don't live off old fame, and if they do it is because they actually built something that should last forever. One 1988 whole car don't give you a reason to be famous forever, i don't know the history so unless he is the UK version of Dondi then my bad. All i see is another old cat hating on another old cat.

YAHEARDME

And again for emphasis.

this part I would take issue with. sincere or not, banksy is capitalizing off of the illegal graffiti world which is no crime in and of itself, but if you're going to do that you can't also shit all over an old legend. you can't say that you're going to be a part of our world when it suits you, but not bound by its rules and customs when its inconvenient. He's trying to be on both sides of the fence.

and I was born in 1980 for the record.

• Like 1

How is he capitalizing he is an Artist he gets paid to sell his Art. He doesn't get paid for the artwork he paints on the streets. Thats where you get it twisted, he is trying to make a statement in the streets. His Canvases are his gallery work most graff writers try everyday to sell out, and they are not successful. You graffiti artists are so damn sensitive cause you cant or don't have the talent to be considered real artist's, and you think everyone is trying to take advantage and exploit you cause you keep it real and street. You guys are are all acting like black women scared that white women taking all there good black men.

If you had any balls or self confidence you would know that it dont matter what someone else is doing, you do you and if someone makes it happen for them so be it. As far as being on both sides of the fence you guys are all trying to think what he thinks cause you dont know shit about him, he aint got a twitter to read or a thread or a blog where he can break it down to you, so instead you make shit up in your head.

Fuck Robbo i didnt know who cat was before this diss banksy did, so tell him to thank dude. From What i have read, and what i myself have seen this guy is No legend. You guys need to watch how you throw that word around, Old school writer that has some good years and a Legend are night and day. So again is this your UK version of a Legend? Im not mad at dude but being old and painting for over 20 years ago being synonymous with being a legend is that really correct, cause shit i know alot of legends then. I dont even know this guy Robbo but you guys acting like he Dondi is annoying me, when he is more than likely just another random writer that happen to write in the 80's and early 90's but fell off and has no real significance on there scene. To me thats not a legend, just another writer in my book. I got hundreds of names for you that fit that category.

• Like 1

everyone will talk shit on banksy and mention other under appreciated street artist's before him and talk on how hes gone commercial and whatever.

fact is dude is really really good at his thang he does and he has yet to fall short on most anything hes tried.

dude is inspirational for me at least. let him do his thing.

i bet the movie will be mediocre.

Poesia i disagree with a few things.

London is the largest city in Europe with a population of 8 million people (twice that of LA) and comparable only to NYC in terms of U.S. cities. The London Underground is the 2nd largest subway system in the world, again only comparable to New York's. Robbo was the first person to go All City on that system. as i said earlier in the thread he is the UK version of Iz. not to take a legends name in vain, and we all know that the borough of Queens is not widely considered to have played an important role in the formative years of graffiti style, but Iz fucking crushed shit. you say you know 'hundreds of writers' in that category? people who went All City on huge rapid transit systems?

secondly Banksy hasn't painted illegally since about 2006, maybe earlier. its a well known fact on the London graff grapevine that he employs a small gang of minions to put his work up for him. i guess he has too much to lose. for what its worth these 'assistants' are all writers/ex-writers. does this fit your criteria for putting in work? bearing in mind that he started doing stencils in earnest at the start of the 2000s. or are we now talking about 'putting in work' in a fucking studio in east London? getting out of bed at 10 a.m and cutting a few stencils whilst dreaming up your next stunt... doesn't sound like hard work to me.

call me naive but i prefer the first version of putting in work - painting subway trains for no discernible end, to the second version - making lots of money 'advertising' worthy causes to dumb people.

If you had any balls or self confidence you would know that it dont matter what someone else is doing, you do you and if someone makes it happen for them so be it.

well said...

• Like 5