Of all places to ask for advice....I know

`Melinoe

I need some music related advice from maybe some people who have done these kinds of things.

Basically, I put in an application for the Berklee Five-week summer program to see if I'd be accepted or not. I expected a rejection, but surprisingly, I got in. I've been playing my Viola for 6 years now but have done nothing outside of my school orchestra. That doesn't mean I don't love my instrument. I'm not really the best player, and for my years of playing, my level of talent may be considered low, but it's mostly been said by my teachers that it's because of practice issues.

Anyway, they accept students of all levels, and if I go, I'll get in and be in classes with people on the same level as me. Basically, my question is, should I risk it and just go for the experience? Or should I skip out and not make a mockery of myself?

http://www.berklee.edu/summer/5week.html

And yes, I like commas.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

fuckin do that shit. i got a full scholarship to a real good university just from playing the piano. being able to play an instrument is a gift, not everyone can do it. use your talent to your advantage so you hopefully won't have to be working a desk job for the rest of your life.

your a retard if you dont do it.

your at point A

that program gets you to point B

but your considering to stay at point A.

to me it sounds like your parents got divorced when you were young and the lineup of bad relationships have led you your brain being re-wired in such a fashion that makes you pretty much a faggot.

no but seriously this sounds like a personal problem

I've never known my parents to be together lololol.

I think its more of the fear of embarrassing myself by sounding bad or something.

@MeyorMenino: Yeah I was watching a lot of the videos and the people who come for jazz are badass. Jazz is my favorite genre, but I don't think they let strings get involved in that program.

I need some music related advice from maybe some people who have done these kinds of things.

Basically, I put in an application for the Berklee Five-week summer program to see if I'd be accepted or not. I expected a rejection, but surprisingly, I got in. I've been playing my Viola for 6 years now but have done nothing outside of my school orchestra. That doesn't mean I don't love my instrument. I'm not really the best player, and for my years of playing, my level of talent may be considered low, but it's mostly been said by my teachers that it's because of practice issues.

Anyway, they accept students of all levels, and if I go, I'll get in and be in classes with people on the same level as me. Basically, my question is, should I risk it and just go for the experience? Or should I skip out and not make a mockery of myself?

you'll be with people in your same "caliber" i guess you can say

so theres no need to worry like "oh am i gonna be good enough blahblahblah"...

i say go and do it... i mean whats the worst that could happen...?

plus i bet later on down the line of playing year after year you'll probably regret not going...

it sounds like a dope learning experience though on the real and you'd be trippin if you're not gonna take the offer...

and remember practice makes perfect....