were you as strange of a kid as i was

delonemonkey

Just recently i looked through the basement of my old house, and found a notebook from ELA class from when i was about 14. Holy shit, this is probably the most awesome story i have ever written, or read. Too bad i got an F on it.

It was for some short story project we were supposed to do. This is pretty much how i handled every assignment like this, but i always threw out my old shit.

I could take a pic of it and put it up but my hand writing is horrible. So ill re write it here. Part of what makes it funny is the teachers comments, he just basically circled whole sentances and wrote "what?"

Timothy woke up at 10 am. He ate 3 mushrooms and walked out the door. A waffle flew by in front of timothy.Timothy took a cat out of his pocket and threw it at the waffle. It pierced the waffles fluffy, buttery skin and it crashed into the ground. Timothy picked up the waffle and started to eat it. Syrup bled out of the waffle as timothy chewed it. After his encounter with the waffle Timothy was quite full. He walked further down Happy cow lane. He got to the dock and hopped in his boat made out of solidified third world country children. Suddenly just as timothy was readying to leave, he was ambushed by a moose/water bottle. The moose/water bottle jumped out of the bushes and flew high into the air. It then dove down to attack. The moose/water bottle hit timothy in the pinky toe with his antler and sent him flying back 3 inches. Timothy pulled another cat out of his pocket and hit the moose/water bottle with it. It cried out in pain and timothy pulled a tuna out of his other pocket and hit the moose/water bottle right in the elbow. Then he jumped onto the moose/water bottle and mounted it. Grabbing onto its antlers, he began to unscrew its cap. Water mixed with moose tapioca flooded out all over the floor and the moose/water bottle died. Timothy used the empty bottle as shelter for the night.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I once wrote a story for a Halloween project where all the kids killed the parents in the town(I know Children of the Corn, hadn't seen it yet) and detailed like twenty some killings. I was ordered to see some school provided shrink for the next couple of months. My next story was about how crazy people are crazy because they know and see the things we miss.. Basically I was saying we're too fucking stupid and distracted to really understand what's going on in "reality".

...i used to watch the twilight zone & pour all my thoughts/reflections onto paper (directly after, so i wouldnt forget anything) when i was a kid

the one about the WWI pilot travelling through a time cloud into a WW2 dogfight to save his best friend is still my fav. episode

i wouldnt say its that strange, but there you have it

i could see you doing that ^

oh, back when we were around 14 eh?

i was busy loving life & skating everyday

nothing TOO interesting there

only thing that came to mind is from middleschool, where we had to write an ending to this generic story about a refugee

i couldnt finish reading it to the class, because i was cracking up too hard at my own ending about him getting stabbed in the face over a tray of food

i know its horrible/not funny, but i couldnt stop

i could see you doing that ^

oh, back when we were around 14 eh?

i was busy loving life & skating everyday

nothing TOO interesting there

only thing that came to mind is from middleschool, where we had to write an ending to this generic story about a refugee

i couldnt finish reading it to the class, because i was cracking up too hard at my own ending about him getting stabbed in the face over a tray of food

i know its horrible/not funny, but i couldnt stop

I actually find that really funny in a twisted sort of way.

I copied a mates story that he had written in year 7 and handed it in as my work in year 10. Funnily enough the story got a C+ in year 7 and in year 10 it got a B. I think the teacher was just surprised I handed homework in.

I used to write stories similar to that on some last minute shit. That and if it were a 1000 word essay or whatever I'd repeat the word I over and over and end it with seem to have a stutter.

When I was little (7-9) I was really into action figures. Gi Joes, Star Wars, Fischer Price, and all the generic shit you'd see at flea markets and truck stops. I worked stories out in my head and ran with them for months, just adding and adding.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this childish act.

BUT, I did have one strange quirk. I made elaborate scenarios with intense violence. I used to get so into it that I'd pick scabs on my legs and arms and squeeze the cut for a solid stream of blood. Then I'd dip my action figure's faces, arms, legs, chests, backs into the wound to give the real deal gore effect.

If I got an action figure I didn't like for a gift --it was much like the little kid in Toy Story.

sid.jpg

used to write these stories when i was in middle school

it was an ongoing saga about these rabid hindu bears and it involved all the kids in the class and the teacher

getting killed and eaten or killed by me and other kids when we turned against them

nowadays that shit wouldnt fly at all, back then they just said youre weird