What European hostels will you vouch for?

dowmagik

dear encyclopedia 12ounceica,

you folks have traveled a bit, what hostels did you stay at that werent hella grimey? im open to all european countries, ive got 15 days over there w/railpass and am landing in amsterdam on 4/20 (i know, i know..). whatcha got for me?

21_545x817shkl.jpg ever hang out in a refridgerator.....on weed?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the butterfly villa in Bucharest Romania

nice quiet street cheap and heaps of free food and even some beer.

and the bunk beds were made with king single matresses so they were big.

the celica hostel Ljubljana slovenia

cheapish, nice

and has a graff wall on outside as well as being 5 minutes fro the yards

but without you narrowing it down this is abit of a silly thread.

tell us where you want to go and I can probabaly advise from there

A&O in Berlin, right across the street from the Zoo. Awesome doner stand underneath.

I think A&O is also a chain of hostels, they have one in every major city in Europe. They have internet cafes, bar, and have all kinds of tours (mostly pub crawls and stuff) Czech them out....

get it "czech" hahaha, euro humor

• Like 1

if youre staying in amsterdam stay at the bulldog hostel (the original one)

http://www.bulldoghotel.com/

i stayed here for a week and it was excellent. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

very central, private bar, lounge with leather couches and bigscreen, comfy beds, clean, rooftop to chill on, connected to fuckin coffeeshop too

http://www.hostelbookers.com is legit to book without fees

but without you narrowing it down this is abit of a silly thread.

tell us where you want to go and I can probabaly advise from there

amsterdam, paris, rome, milan, berlin, brussels...eastern europe will be a different trip.

im pretty open to traveling to cutty spots also, doesnt neccessarily have to be a major city.

the a&o r@ndom mentioned is nice

i stayed at an a&o in a few other cities too

london- the generator, old police barracks made into a hostel

i wouldnt recommend milan man, place kinda sucked. when i was in Nice someone told me to pass on milan and i wish i had

you GOTTA check out barcelona if yer going to western europe dow

i spent 4 months backpacking all over and barcelona was definitely my favorite spot

even liked it better than amsterdam and i was a HUGE stoner at the time

hahaha I got the name right

you gotta go there DOW

Got to Koln (Cologne) get a room at the STATION HOSTEL which is just around the corner. make sure it's on the higher floors and watch the panels roll past your window.

I counted more than 60 in one afternoon including a 5 car wholetrain

then go to that pascha place and make photothread about it.

I might add at this point I haven't been there

he house is open 24 hours a day; customers of the prostitutes pay an entrance fee of 5 Euros and then negotiate directly with the women, who work independently and keep all of the money. One floor is reserved for low-cost service, and another one for transsexual prostitutes. The house also contains a regular hotel, a table dance nightclub with separate entrance, several bars, and a separate club-style brothel on the top floor.

The women, who come from many countries, typically sit outside of their rooms and negotiate with customers who wander the hallways. In 2003, oral sex and intercourse cost about 50 Euros. The brothel advertises a money-back guarantee in case of unsatisfactory service by a woman

I predict dow spends all of his 15 day trip here.

I predict dow spends all of his 15 day trip here.

i promised my grandpa id find the place he got shot down in ww2 in belgium, im gonna spend a day at the louvre and peep the rodin house, get some sick tats, and after all that is finished, yes, the rest could very well be spent at the 12 story whorehouse.

do you know what is funnel?

Good luck on the tattoos, there really isnt a walk in customer base here in Europe. Most tattoo artists here only work by appointment only and are booked a year in advance. Only walk in service I have seen in my travels in teh Euros are dudes that do Hepatitis type tattoos. So I would advise if you are going to get tattoos to bring shit tons of money (the Euro here is expensive compared to the dollar) and research in advance to get a spot.

Switzerland is pretty awesome in general. Especially if you have a car and you can smoke and drive through the alps and they got super clean lakes at the bottom of huge mountains.

Stay away from Geneva though.

Flying Pig in Amsterdam is good. Or Hans Brinker is good too.

If there are at least 3 of you, you can normally get apartments for the same price or cheaper than a hostel.

And they are actually nice. sometimes with a kitchen.

ALso a lot of hostels are so popular with backpackers that decent hotels are cheaper than hostels.

If there are at least 3 of you, you can normally get apartments for the same price or cheaper than a hostel.

And they are actually nice. sometimes with a kitchen.

ALso a lot of hostels are so popular with backpackers that decent hotels are cheaper than hostels.

This is true as well...its all about reasearch, when I went to Dresden I found it was cheaper to get a hotel at then a hostel. And the hotel was pretty sweet and right near all the shit I wanted to see.

http://www.balmers.com/ Interlaken, yay!

I always travelled with a lot of friends, so we'd rent apartments, or go to hostels that had rooms that slept 5+.

Even travelling with one other person, I found hostels that had 2 person rooms.

The few times I was travelling alone I went dorm style when I did not want to pay for a hotel.

I went to BOBs Youth Hostel in Amsterdam, but did not like the no privacy thing, but no big deal if you are going to be out and about all day.

My other 6 trips in Amsterdam I went B&B/apartment.

I have let guides at train stations take me to Hostels/Apartments in some cities, but I would not do that alone. The times we did that worked out great.