Official Jan 27 Apple Announcement Thread Islate?Itablet?Iphone4.0? Thread................

Poesia [ ] T

Re: Official Jan 27 Apple Announcement Thread Islate?Itablet?Iphone4.0? Thread............

I don't think this is for people who want a crazy computer; not everyone is a graphic designer by day, music producer/guerilla filmmaker by night. This is going to appeal to people who just want a simple, cool looking machine that can watch movies, display pictures, and fuck around on the internet.

I'll bet a year from now, mad ten year olds will have these things.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Official Jan 27 Apple Announcement Thread Islate?Itablet?Iphone4.0? Thread............

Apple won't put Flash on their shit cause then people will just make website apps you use through the browser and undermine their whole app store business. It's gay.

I'm feeling the iPad though, but I don't think I'll hop on it till the 2nd gen.

I dont want to wait for the second generation i need one of these now the Price point is what sells me it is missing alot of feautures but it has so many at the same time it will be a work in progress i guess. I will get this with it for sure.

500x_dock_keybiard_01.jpg

500x_kickstand1.jpg

I just watched the whole fucking presentation. There is no breakthrough ui for surfing or typing but some of the game play especially the 1st person shooter was really tight. the price is right. its smaller than predicted, but it was also all but confirmed that it had two cameras, and a PROJECTOR. but that is not the case. I think without at least one camera to skype its a little lacking. also, THERE ARE NO USB PORTS! what the fuck?

I still want one, but I am going to get a new macbook pro in about six months instead. it doesnt work as a primary computer for someone like me so i probably wont ever own one until they are like two hundred dollars (in like a year and a half)

no camera, no flash and no usb is kicking this things ass.... does it even have a firewire? if not, its just kinda a fun little thing to have but i wont buy one until they put a few more key features on it... if i do see one hanging around it will go into my ijacket...

Come on Casek you have to appreciate the appeal here

microsoft-im-pc-stereotyped-pride.jpg

Its a Niche product created for a Niche if your not an iphone user its hard to digest at first, but if you are it is the next step in the evolution. And the Move to the Cloud old applications, memory are going to become obsolete..

Its a giant fucking ipod touch for old people

Have any of you ever tried getting yer grandparents or aunts and uncles to try your iphone or ipod touch and them complaining they can't see it or its to touchy( sensitive) well here is apples response

• Like 1

Its a giant fucking ipod touch for old people

Have any of you ever tried getting yer grandparents or aunts and uncles to try your iphone or ipod touch and them complaining they can't see it or its to touchy( sensitive) well here is apples response

Exactly.

Poesia: 4:3 ratio screen, adapters for everything (including usb), micro sd memory

that no one else uses, no hdmi out, apple exclusive apps including the browser, etc.

are all big turn offs for people who know computers. It's exactly as Seff says, a giant

ipod touch.

You have the money to rush out and buy one, and I understand fully why you might

want such an expensive toy, but at the end of the day I'd rather have my laptop or

netbook.

This is much better

http://www.motherboard.tv/2010/1/27/what-s-better-than-a-tablet-a-computer-that-doesn-t-need-a-screen

This article is for you and seff this product wasnt made for you it was made for iphone users. And as far as made for grandparents, i disagree if im doing a presentation or working in person with a client this is perfect for me, the app store IMO makes my life easier it actually makes a computer and the internet perform a task something that browsers fail to do.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/ipad/

They kinda fucked themselves over on this one. Isn't the niche market graphic designers and other shit like that? If so, what the hell were they thinking not letting it run flash or cs4? I'm sure people will come out with jailbreaks for it just like they did the iphone, but you can only do so much with jailbreaks. It's got potential to be awesome, but as it stands, it really is just a giant ipod touch with a bit more power.

T;7084260']This article is for you and seff this product wasnt made for you it was made for iphone users. And as far as made for grandparents, i disagree if im doing a presentation or working in person with a client this is perfect for me, the app store IMO makes my life easier it actually makes a computer and the internet perform a task something that browsers fail to do.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/ipad/

http://i.gizmodo.com/5458382/8-things-that-suck-about-the-ipad

I think the problem with browsers is people make websites with no intention of people paying cause thats the way the internet evolved they hope ads will make them money and live on nothing hoping the traffic will come and they possibly make money carrying costs of employees etc etc, well that business model is tough and in the end us consumers dont usually get tools we would pay for if they were there. I think the App store and not allowing Flash to access browsers has enabled developers to build tools that we actually can use make our lives easier and we are willing to pay for them, they actually are paid for them. Its a win win.

Just like the iphone wasnt made for designers and to run CS4 neither is this you cant replace a laptops power in a small item like this but you can change the way we use the internet and digital media. This is on some next level logic that wont be grasped until its in our subconscious to buy our textbooks on a pad like this and instead of reading them are watching videos embedded into pages. Shit is just the tip of the iceburg fuck the specs its the ideas.

http://vook.com/vook.php

The idea of a tablet is nothing new, and in fact this one seems a lot less impressive than others that already exist. If Steve Jobs wanted to be on some next level shit, he'd have it running any program that is convenient to have a wacom tablet for, IE photo editing and graphic software. I understand you might impress a customer with a presentation on your ipad, but that really shouldn't be the goal of a product like this.

I agree to an extent but you got to understand thats what tablets like El Mams posted are for, just cause i would say 60% of the people in here probably use photoshop cause its a graf forum and most of us are into visual arts we are not the best target area to ask. I dont think 60% of the iphone users even need a graphic design program.

But i was at first like everyone a lil unimpressed but then i seen the price point and i started to see the bigger picture.