Official Jan 27 Apple Announcement Thread Islate?Itablet?Iphone4.0? Thread................

Poesia [ ] T

Re: Official Jan 27 Apple Announcement Thread Islate?Itablet?Iphone4.0? Thread............

Im into it cause i hate bringing a laptop to an appointment when this tablet would look alot more shiek and impress a would be client to think that i might be one of the guys that are on the cutting edge and might actually be able to sell there house that is way overpriced, a tablet computer might actually do the job, as the iphone isnt large enough to do a presentation that they can interact with. A laptop isnt cool enough too bulky when your trying to sell or help someone buy there million dollar home. Clients are superficial if they feel like you got money they think you know what your doing. Its weird but true.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Official Jan 27 Apple Announcement Thread Islate?Itablet?Iphone4.0? Thread............

I'm pretty sure it would just go by speakerphone/bluetooth, or require the earbuds with the mic like the touch.

I think the slate would be useful but if it cant run photoshop it's basically just a netbook.

If they ask anything more than $500 it's a total rip off.

For some reason... I'm just not that hyped about this years announcements. I'm not overly interested in the tablet but I haven't really investigated it to know what it's capable of. I'm more interested in an upgrade to the iPhone OS. I know there's no Flash in the works... ever... so hopefully they're working something out. Bitches...

Why not blackra1n it so you can mod it to play flash?

I'm jealous. Care to give it a short review?

This thing is the balls, really, I probably won't be buying anything other than tablets from here on.

Works like a dream for digital artwork and sound editing, interfacing with the OS (full OSX, not a souped up iPhone OS like the Apple tablet's supposed to have) is much quicker and smoother than a mouse (or regular wacom tablet), and is a guaranteed conversation starter wherever you take it cause almost nobody knows this thing exists.

On the con side, there's no keyboard included (I use a small apple bluetooth one), it's a bit on the heavy side, and has lately been affected by an apparently common bug called the jumping cursor glitch, which I have all but nullified anyways. It can also be awkward to find a comfortable working position on your lap with a separate keyboard and nothing to hold the screen up at an angle.

But the bottom line is, this thing rules. I'm anxious to see Apple's tablet but if I cant run CS4 on it I dunno how much use it will be.

People are going to be really bummed if Steve doesn't break out a tablet.

I haven't been following this story too closely, but I recall reading an article a while ago about how Apple deliberately leaks vague details about major product releases. It's an interesting marketing strategy if it's true.

If they do release a tablet the big question is whether it will support Flash and third party browsers.

If I was rich or had a little extra cash I would cop the apple tablet. Poesia, u should cop just for what u said. Shit, if it helps u close go for it.

Mams, what's the specs on yours and how much?

2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo

4 GB RAM

250 GB hard drive

SuperDrive burner

They added an Nvidia 9400M 256MB card soon after I got mine, which bummed me out.

Spec it out and see for yourself.

I'm basically watching these two links at the same time. Not exactly a live stream of the event, but close enough

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/live-from-the-apple-tablet-latest-creation-event/?sort=newest&refresh=30

The more I look into it $500 only gets you 16 gigs of memory, Effff that.

A 64 gig is $850 and you cant just upgrade it later by yourself.

I dislike rape.

Also, to save Mammero the work, only thing useful in other thread:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Damn i just got back to my computer what did i miss. So Ipad and $499 looks like a big iphone. The price is right though and im sure it will get better over time. Now i need to do some reading and catch up.