Whites + Other Races Now Outnumber Blacks In Harlem

TheoHuxtable..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're into that SSGG you really need to check out August Wilson.

Dude is from Pittsburgh's hill district (Iron City's Harlem kind of)

He's the most popular playwright since the 90's outside of broadway musicals or whatever.

Every time I see his marque here NYC it reminds me of how Pittsburgh is slept on but killing it.

Never seen any of his stuff at all yet but still, it makes me proud somehow.

People say his stuff reminds them of a raisin in the sun but better.

2009_09_03_1220_35.jpg

I feel kind of dumb for not seeing any of his stuff, could have for free in Pittsburgh.

I worked for Arts Marketing and actually sold hundreds of tickets to Pittsburgh Public Theater and his plays mostly.

He was considered a god there, from what I've seen in NYC he's top billing here as well.

Some people in theaters here say he's numero uno outside of musicals.

No big deal, you can still see some of his plays. I know I saw Fences after he died.

My dad was a big August Wilson fan and that's how I got in to it; he'd take me to those plays when I was a kid. Piano Lesson, Jitney, Fences, Two Trains Running, & Radio Golf are the ones I remember seeing. I think Jitney was the best. Piano Lesson & Fences rank up there too.

On the topic of A Raisin In The Sun, here's my boy's little brother in a performance of it in Providence

8925_100106506677635_100000348570354_269_3847960_n.jpg

I guess the kid does alot of plays and is pretty good, wants to make it a career. Funny, since his brother is currently doing his second bid for breaking and entering, with a bunch of lead leftover in his stomach from getting shot a few times. It's funny how different family memebrs can be haha

Two different routes. My uncle's son is always in-and-out-of prison, always getting caught stealing, getting caught with drugs and got jumped by some gang members over a drug deal. Yet his dad is a Ph.D, a college professor, an editor-in-chief for a magazine, and writes occassional columns for the L.A. Times. I don't know how that happened.

Actually I do know how it happened. His dad had him when he was in college, so he was in school working on his degrees, and his wife at the time was just one of those chicks that looked good and didn't care about anything else. I think she fucked around and was on drugs. So his son just ran the streets with no parental guidance. By the time my uncle was done with his studies, the damage was already done to his son.

Insert foreign hipster graffiti in harlem

they've been watching Harlem with binoculors

from a distance for a while now

IMG_7790.jpg

I was just in Harlem.

Crashed in this baller pad on 140th and Lenox.

It was rented from some people from France.

On the corner, there is a cop car and an expendable watch tower 24/7 to protect teh whites, i guess.

Mom Cheated maybe? :lol:

Same shit in my family, both my parents work for the gov and are pretty big in the local Republican Party where they moved to.

I destoyed mad property and did more juvy bids than anyone else I know and still hate the government/republicans.

I was just in Harlem.

Crashed in this baller pad on 140th and Lenox.

It was rented from some people from France.

On the corner, there is a cop car and an expendable watch tower 24/7 to protect teh whites, i guess.

So, Its no longer the danger zone then?

Big_L_promo.jpg

If you're into that SSGG you really need to check out August Wilson.

Dude is from Pittsburgh's hill district (Iron City's Harlem kind of)

He's the most popular playwright since the 90's outside of broadway musicals or whatever.

Every time I see his marque here NYC it reminds me of how Pittsburgh is slept on but killing it.

Never seen any of his stuff at all yet but still, it makes me proud somehow.

People say his stuff reminds them of a raisin in the sun but better.

2009_09_03_1220_35.jpg

Bump.

I've heard of him before in school..

fuck gentrification. im white and i got pushed out of two neighborhoods. fuck all that noise.

WORD

gentrification sucks, interesting that its happening everywhere around the globe. here's how berliners deal with rich yuppies from south germany who think they automatically become 12 times more interesting and cooler when they live in berlin. these fuckers raise rent, build new clean houses everywhere and call the cops when people are partying and drinking on the street till 5am, thus destroying the original, cool and open-minded berlin with their pompuous shit.

o38rjwq9.jpg

last year over 200 noble vehicles got burned.

• Like 1

WORD

gentrification sucks, interesting that its happening everywhere around the globe. here's how berliners deal with rich yuppies from south germany who think they automatically become 12 times more interesting and cooler when they live in berlin. these fuckers raise rent, build new clean houses everywhere and call the cops when people are partying and drinking on the street till 5am, thus destroying the original, cool and open-minded berlin with their pompuous shit.

o38rjwq9.jpg

last year over 200 noble vehicles got burned.

BUMP

Gentrification has the potential to be a good thing. However, over-gentrification is when shit gets hectic. Im all for whites moving into neighborhoods like such. The same thing happened in a neighborhood here in DC called columbia heights. I get excited about shit like this.

more integration, less ignorance....

13,800 whites vs 156,000 blacks does not sound like a takeover to me. When I was staying in Harlem recently I probably only saw 15 to 20 other white people in my 2 weeks there, this might have had something to do with the hours I was keeping but still... I don't think the puerto ricans are gentrifying the place that much.