$65 tour of LA Gangland...

george jetson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
"It's a terrible idea," City Councilman Dennis Zine said. "Is it worth that thrill for 65 bucks? You can go to a (gang) movie for a lot less and not put yourself at risk."
That is the most hilarious thing an LA city councilman could've ever said. I hope Mr. Zine walks in front of a bus.

As unrelated to real gangs as that tour actually sounds, the concept of a tour aggrandizing something other than the rich and famous is fucking brilliant because it starts this discourse. Politicians and city officials are having to admit they dont want to see or hear poor people. Almost all of the crime in America would disappear if we weren't segregated by income, and if you think that's a pipedream you should check out Amsterdam; Millionares live in the same neighborhoods as the middle class family and even anarchists who live on boats. It's fucking brilliant.

• Like 1

Guest Ginger Bread Man

these dudes are from the neighborhood i kinda grew up with. there are still people i know in the maravilla projects.

good for these dudes.

"going on the tour after reading critical blog comments about it being "ghettotainment."

Also,

"We ain't going on no tour saying, 'Look at them Crips, look at them Bloods, look at them crack heads,'" said Frederick "Scorpio" Smith, an ex-Crip helping narrate, who helped broker the cease-fire among the Grape Street Crips, 18th Street, F13 and the East Coast Crips"

Sounds like a snitch

I can picture a family of white people treaying it like a safari ride at the zoo.

''Look mommy, the big smelly mexican in baggy shorts that go down to his feet is doing sign langauge.''

That is a horrible idea, and I hope anyone who embarks on it gets fuckin robbed like they should