the book of eli

jugzer

Huh? That didnt even occur to me however that's a HUGE part of the videogame and the movie.

Similarities between the game and movie:

-America's been hit by nukes

-Walking around shooting stray animals for food

-Investigating abandoned buildings, stealing clothes off corpses.

-Everywhere you go you barter for goods and services with garbage you find

-Boobietrapped shacks

-landmines randomly in the middle of the road which for some reason beep before going off.

-All the books are burnt. It is your mission to collect all the ones that arent.

-All freeways are highrise structures with no buildings around them

-Walking on freeways keeps you out of sight but generally theres huge sections missing

-All bandits wear motorcycle goggles

-San Francisco is the last stronghold of civilization (Fallout 2)

-Everything is a moral dilemma and you have the choice of going one way or another.

-All dialogue fucking sucks

And like I said the writer of this script is an editor for a videogame magazine. Wtf is an editor for a videogame magazine doing writing a script for a movie? All that shit is stolen.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
bookofelifallout3.jpg

The similarities are all too apparent. Almost all of the cinematography was taken from the videogame. And the character design. And the concept of "collecting all remaining books that aren't burnt." And the accredited "Writer" of that script is a dude named Gary Whitta, who's an editor for PC GAMER magazine. They say it was a screen adaptation to some graphic novel but the game came first. I dunno if it's awesome that games are now inspiring movies or that movies are plagiarizing bad videogames. At the very least the 3D graphic artists who worked on that film should be taken out back and shot.

This is all I could think of when I saw the commercials too.

But if you think Fallout 3 is a bad game then you probably have an acorn dick.

• Like 1