the book of eli

jugzer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it was pretty good, i have been in the any movie post avatar is a let down stage and this movie was actual decent...

my girl over analyzes all the christian shit, but at the end they had the koran and the torah and shit.....

people act like it was all about christianity....but the villain is actual trying to use religion to gain power over the masses, which is a criticism of religion in general....

both points are valid i guess, and smash that mias broad

two words came to mind after watching this:

religious propaganda

i thought this movie would be better...but it disappointed me.

5 out of 10 stars....5 because fight scenes were pretty decent.

what i want to know is (spoiler alert ahead)

1. why the fuck was the hero of the movie a blind guy from kmart?.....gay

2. how the fuck did mila kunis' character learn to drive a fucking car if she was from the future generation where functional cars were obsolete....gay

3. alcatraz is where the history to the past is going to respread from?...really?...cmon!....gay

4. it took the denzel 30 years to walk from the east to the west coast?.....gay

the whole movie smelled of gay.

this movie was basically a waste.

tron's post is on point. horribly cheesy slo mo scenes, and sensational bullshit. cool fight scenes as there weren't too many film cuts like most fight scenes these days. spent a little more on choreography.

this movie preaches faith in not just a bible but specifically the king James version hmmm. the Road is in a thousand ways a better movie, story, and message.

And im surprised no one mentioned the clean clothes... what the fuck are these assholes washing there clothes with in the post apocalyptic future? too many lame inconsistencies to list.

And the lame ending how fucking cheesy can you get? The little girl taking over carrying the torch is so played and pathetic. (notice how she dresses and acts like him? no more tight pants, put some cargos on)

watch/ read the Road, as much Jameson as i drank, Eli was still wizzeak.

bookofelifallout3.jpg

The similarities are all too apparent. Almost all of the cinematography was taken from the videogame. And the character design. And the concept of "collecting all remaining books that aren't burnt." And the accredited "Writer" of that script is a dude named Gary Whitta, who's an editor for PC GAMER magazine. They say it was a screen adaptation to some graphic novel but the game came first. I dunno if it's awesome that games are now inspiring movies or that movies are plagiarizing bad videogames. At the very least the 3D graphic artists who worked on that film should be taken out back and shot.