Wesly Crusher's sketch of the day

WeslyCrusher

weslycrusher001.jpg

Ok here it is, starting it now to save me time and trouble down the road.

I will be adding a new sketch to this everyday for the next year, ending on 01-16-11

there will be days when sketches are simpler, depending on what i have going on, any major projects that take multiple days to complete for instance i will prolly only get glorified throw ups done in that time. but the positive point is it will end with portfolio level work being posted instead of the normal day to day doodles.

Not every day will contain graffiti, there are days when i dont want to mess with letters and those days...well you will see what you get.

anyhow

this thread will be pretty empty for the first few weeks, but by the end of the year hopefully i will have created something really interesting to view.

enjoy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like paperchase isnt full of much talk unless its in the toy specified threads. and honestly i dont really care if people talk in this thread, im even open to letting people throw out topics or ideas for sketches that i could pick from or some shit like that. i figured it could help lighten the load on me lol...not that id do whatever anyone requested...but yeah

ANYHOW

its day 3

weslycrusher003.jpg

kinda got wrapped up in this one, it says EXO for an exchange with....you guessed it EXO :O

anyhow got carried away with the like shoryuken dragon ball Z chi throwing monk guy and his fun light source...

all in all i like day 3

weslycrusher004.jpg

day 4

So... last night i was reading the posts in the new sketch thread and was noticing alot of questions directed at me asking what i used, to sketch in the past and alot of....assumptions on what im using now. So i decided the best way to help clear things up is to show my process. This isnt a tutorial...or a guide to stealing my style (though we could argue very easily that i stole the style anyhow so....if you do steal it just try to hide it :P)

DSC03390.jpg

i took that picture to show you the tools of the trade...

the funny part is that the weed costed more than the tablet...i use a shitty wacom bamboo, picked it up at best buy for 70$ and torrented photoshop so that was free...

in the long run im saving so much money switching to digital since i was the kind of kid who went through 48prismas every 3-6 months.

anyhow the video is done uploading now you can watch it here:

let me know if there is interest in more of these. its sort of a pain in the ass but its fun at the same time, so if people enjoy them ill be glad to pump out some more over the course of the year in this thread

ending the post with a quote from the song in the video by Can-U

"if your preference is negative then fuck off and let me live"

i stopped drawing on paper 2 years ago or so, if you want to see paper sketches it would have to be in the sketch thread where i posted them

for this project of doing a sketch a day for the next year im going to be using digital media, if for no other reason than the fact that id prolly spend my rent every month trying to afford my marker addiction