cb slang

abcs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB_slang

So i kinda feel like i missed out... not too much but a little. This shits from before most of us were even born yet. I was talking to my pops. He was telling me about back in the 70s and lots of people had cb radios in their rides. No matter how they normally talked they would lay on a thick southern accent and a bunch of made up terms (that most users understood) and talk at each other while they driving around. Shits kinda funny to me. Talking about bears the in the woods and shit, pickle parks, buffalos. I mean. If it was that sweet it would still be around but while out driving it would be helpful if people were giving constant heads up about police. If i was driving interstate i would want to get down with something like that. Kill the boredom, traffic jams, and talk shit. Probably not threadworthy but fuck it. I have probation Monday which kinda keeps me from wanting to go out so i'm bored

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My mom used to do this shit, I think. Or ham radio? Apparently there's a difference?

I don't know, when I was a kid she had radios at her desk she used to talk to people on. Eventually one day the radios became a computer, which is why she's better at using them than me, nevermind pretty much everyother random woman her age (54ish)

I watched Smokey and the Bandit last weekend for the first time in a hell of a long time. I actually thought about making this thread to see if anyone knew more about this shit. Smokey and the Bandit is one of the best fucking movies ever made. Jackie Gleason kills it.

I had a friend who had one of these. We used to go to the highway (Fox Point for all the RI nerds) and fuck with truckers. It was like trolls flaming a thread or chat room, but on some prank call styled shit. It was hilarious because truckers would get seriously heated. Saying shit like "Listen here you little fucker, I'll meet you anywhere!" Which of course gets the flame response "Oh yeah, I'll fuck you in your ass and call you Dorthy, I bet you'd like that!" Sometimes you'd just hear some guy say "ahhhh shit not another one of these guys," which I guess could be compared to saying "first" in a tread.

But the CB world is a hell of a lot cooler than the online forum one.

Yup.

A lot of my uncles were or are truckers.

I worked with one of them doing cross country runs and remember some of the slang...

Pickle Parks were homosexual hangouts. (Reststops, turnouts and any other place of rest really) Bears Dens were highway patrol HQ's and the freeway on-ramps within a couple miles radius. Bears were obviously the HP. Lot lizards were all the skeezer ass hoes that hung around truck stops, giving blowjobs for pocket change. Alligators were generally shredded tires that you often see in the truck lanes. You've got to watch out for thems, run over that shit and you could have a blowout... producing more alligators all over the raodway. Everybody has handles and some of 'em are hella funny.

It was cool, I was in 36 states and Canada in about four months. Got paid well and did massive amounts of meth and drinking.

I have a Base CB, To talk to passing truckers and other CBers around the city. I have 3 Huge Handheld ones that you use in the car, to ask about traffic, talk to truckers. Also have handheld and a base Police Scanner, which is great to have.

Heard Police Scanners are Illegal in NYCity though.

Found an original "Fuzz Buster" CB in the box in my pops basement. Probably worth something now.

Using a CB is alot of fun, HAM radio you have to take a test to use, and you have your own registered handle.

I got a old police scanner. In truth i never seen a cb radio in my life. Every so often i see a truck (usually a pickup) with a long ass antaena stick up off the top like 3 feet or more. Is that for CBs?

BEARS IN THE WOODS aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Police scanners are fun. I remember one being very useful when I was 16 and on a trip to NY, when our boy who drove's mom figured out we weren't visiting someone in CT like we said, but instead staying in a shithole apartment in the Bronx haha.

At that point she flipped out about us having to come home, and when he refused she reported the car (registered in her name) stolen. This resulted in us speeding home, on NYE, in a snow storm, flying like 100 the whole way with me manning a police scanner and watching out the window very carefully

Quote:

Is there a way to do this for any city or area??

I live in the middle of like 50 cities... metropolitan

area. I never kno what police dept im listening to. I hear

dispatch... i hear officers respond. I hear them running plates

i hear a little action. I turn it on all the time and mostly ignore

it

breaker, breaker, 0

..what's your 20? i'm trying to get an eyeball. ok, over and out.

when i was like 16 there was a group of older guys (and some younger ones), who were all pretty much geeks that would sit around in a few local parking lots with their giant antennas on their cars and talk on these things.

this wasn't in the 70's, it was the early 90's.