Racking gone wrong

tae

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are ping pursued under civil law, not criminal law.

They are just trying to recover money. There is no criminal case against you (I assume).

Whether you returned the product or not isn't the issue, they have a case based on the fact you impacted their business, and as a result they have lost $.

If they want, they can take this to court (civil), but I would think this happens for more $$$ matters.

1. I suggest you don't lie etc. in any response you make.

2. Get legal advice in your country.

3. Possibly contact the original business and try to settle.

i'm in the UK. but i've heard o this civil loss recovery pish before. even in cases of people taking a shiter after they've picked something up on the sly, but not left the shop with it in their pocket.

there is a loophole somewhere in this, there's a UK law which makes this illegal, demanding money from you with the presumption you've been on the tan is fraud.

i think it' something to do with the fact you've not had a fair trial and/or been proven guilty of anything in a court of law.

but i'd look into it a bit more. mabye citizens advice might help.

in future don't go fillin' your pockets when you're fucked off the guinness son

i hope this has helped more than talk of rolos...

My foreign friend..u are a herb

About a year ago I got caught racking a expensive as gortex jacket at nordstom..I signed some papers thinking they would let me go..but they didn't..cops came...I got hit with a felony..the day I got out of jail a letter came from nordstom saying I owe them 5 bills(5 hundred dollars).. I never paid them shit..

Since them I've been arrested twice for other shit so I don't have a warrant..

And that flavored lube shit is for bitches and gay niggas....so unless u like sucking dick after u get pumped from the back u shouldnt even be looking at that shit

I figured if they were going to go to these measures they would have to

have footage or something. Also, it is a civil case,not a criminal case,so according to the site

it has nothing to do with the cops.

I'm in Ireland, but the chain of shops is English,

so they are claiming 100bucks from me overseas.

I'd tell them to claim deez nuts.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I got bagged racking before and caught a criminal summons and I thought that was it.

Went, the rep for the store didn't show up, dismissed.

Few months later I got a bill for a few hundred bucks in the mail, which is the penalty the store is allowed to asses you. Asked my lawyer, found out it was quite legal. Paid them their shit, but then they STILL kept trying to fuck with me (telling me I paid them late, even though I didn't due to an error on their part, long story), sending me mad shit, calling me, threatening to take me to court, blah blah.

Finally I flipped the fuck out, started barkin on the muthafucka on the phone, tellin him I have a good lawyer and that even if I didn't I'd rather rot in jail then give them another penny and to never fuckin call me again. Never heard from them again and it's been a few years now

wait a fucking minute... so you meant 5 bills as in 5 dollars?????

in my world 5 bills is 500.00$$... i would have blasted you from jumpstreet had i known that!!!

your a fucking loser and a faggot too...

were you looking to have a pina colada flavored dick in your mouth you asshole...

• Like 1

1st off are you in Northern Ireland or the Republic?

i guess the best advice i can give you is not to ignore the letters, this will just prolong it and make it worse. trust me on that one....(many many long stories..)

First off, get in touch with citizens advice - google CAB - and also with a lawyer. get their adivce pronto.

As mentioned, its not a criminal case so thats a small weight off your mind.

Either decide if your going to fight it or deny it. If you want to deny it and just pay the fuckers off then CALL them and say you're willing to pay but are unemployed (if you are) and broke and would like to set up a payment plan and pay them £5 a month. or in the case of a house mate of mine, ask for a discount if you pay then and there. he got a £250 demand reduced to £50 just by asking.

if you want to fight it, THEN THINK YOUR PLAN THROUGH ThouroughLY. you will need a really good story and the ability to stick to it and for it to stand the test of interrogation.

you could go down the lines of "it wasnt me" and get them to prove that it was you in court. you'd need to be aware of what evidence they have (if any). there might be CCTV or photo evidence but the chances are that if they didnt go to the police 1st time round they dont have anything. note, i stress chances are....you can never be sure.

you could try and blag that somone gave false info 9ie yours.)

problems with fighting it...chances are you will have to do it in court which is a pain and going to be stressful. plus if you lose, your going to have to fork out costs aswell..

on the upside if you fight it and win, your sticking it "to the man" so to speak and will probably feel amazing for standing up to this sort of big brother, money grabbing, Orwellian security laws shit that the UK has turned to in the last ten years.

good luck.