Jay Reatard dead at 29

murfusdurfus

SocialNetworkBadge.init("http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13/jay-reatard-dead-at-29_n_422568.html","Jay%20Reatard%20Dead%20At%2029", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0); SocialNetworkBadge.write_badge_to("hp_social_network"); s-JAY-REATARD-large.jpg

email.gif

Get Breaking News Alerts

Punk rocker Jay Reatard has died at age 29, Memphis publication The Commercial Appeal reports. The musician, whose real name is Jimmy Lee Lindsey Jr., was found dead at his home according to family and friends.

His label Goner records issued the following statement: "It is with great sadness that we report the passing of our good friend Jay Reatard. Jay died in his sleep last night. We will pass along information about funeral arrangements when they are made public."

Matador Records, which also put out Reatard's music, issued the following statement: "We are devastated by the death of Jimmy Lee Lindsey Jr., aka Jay Reatard. Jay was as full of life as anyone we've ever met, and responsible for so many memorable moments as a person and artist. We're honored to have known and worked with him, and we will miss him terribly."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been seeing this on facebook today.

while im sure its a tragedy for someone, i couldnt help but kind of find it funny to read that 'goner' records was announcing the passing of 'jay reatard'.

i guess thats probably insensitive, but since i have no clue who he is, ill go ahead and lump him in with the other 16,000 people who died today and spread my sympathies evenly across the lot.

• Like 1

All of you guys are fucking fags this man was a personal friend of mine and I hope everything you ever loved dies in your arms.

your close personal friend is dead...fag,Like when you want to be close and personal with him you can't now........... because he's dead..........fag

now thats insensitive

• Like 1

my friend died boo hoo so im going to post about it in 12oz

so everyone there can know i had a famous friend boo hooo

yeah this. if he was really your close faggot friend

wouldnt you be in a fetal position in a corner of your own urine and feces

thinkin about the good old days

when you two would cuddle in a corner full of both your urine and feces?

jus sayin

Wait you guys even know who jay is?!?!

I knew this guy IRL, not BFFs but he was thru here on the regular a lot, and honestly when my boy told me they found him dead I wasn't suprised and didn't really need to ask how. Honestly I'm sure J would laugh&appreciate the hate and or indifference

Either way RIP, I was super suprised to see this thread