It only took 20 years, but I just got a date with the girl of my dreams.

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met a friend of a friend visiting from Miami last night, Columbian number. Small, extra cute face, infectiously great laugh. I was hitting zingers left and right.. hitten em.

I don't like admitting being sprung (I think it's a jinx, personally) But man I was feeling her. Unfortunately she had to leave at like 7 in the morning.

But yeah, sprung. :(

How's your best friend feel about you dating his sister.

Good question!

I think he'd be okay with it now that we're older.

I remember when we were real young, like lil' kids he'd say "You know, if you married my sister one day, we'd be real brothers." and I'd be like WTF?

Then, I think I had a shot when we were in our 20's and I freaked out and backed off because her brother and I were best friends and still roommates at the time.

Regretted it ever since.

Homeboy's unfortunately really ill with esophageal Cancer and honestly probably doesn't have much longer left, so I think he'd like to see both her and I happy.

• Like 1

You know it would be fucking awesome if thing work out for you two. I wish you all the best. Both of you.

It's good to read something positive around this place for once.

I've a somewhat similar story. The girl I'm dating now and I have a long history of bad timing, me being a complete asshole and just other stupid shit. But we always had a thing for each other and knew it. We hooked up once years ago and instead of doing the right I went back to an already bad and failed relationship and fucking destroyed said girl in the process. So she wrote me off..

Skip ahead years later. I go to this going party and see her. I was totally geeked to see her, bought her some drinks and we were real cool to each other. Nothing happened at the club and we went our ways. Then I went to the after after party and saw her there and asked if she could give a ride close to my house and she looked at and said "Why don't you just come home with me?" I did. We started dating in April, kept it ultra secret because shit I won't explain. We made it official in July and one of my exes completely deleted me from life.. Haha.. Fuck here she's trifling ass drug dealer with two kids. It took us years to finally get a chance to be together and the wait was worth it.

End Long Story

You shouldn't let the past(your past, or your past with her) have any reflection on a potential relationship.

It sounds like a "duh, yea I know that" type of advice, but if you can really release yourself from the build up you have about this girl then you will move forward.

Sounds like hippy talk, sorry. Just got done with a self help type seminar weekend.