It only took 20 years, but I just got a date with the girl of my dreams.

Bojangles

I met Dana when I was 13. We met under uncommon circumstances as her, her brother and I (along with our mothers) all first met in a homeless shelter for battered women.

She introduced me to her brother who was my age (she was like 3-4 years younger) and he and I became best friends and have been ever since.

We all ended up growing up together, and I made a few moves on her in our teens but back then, she was caught up in the street mentality and I ended up watching her date the more thugged out dudes of the 'hood.

Eventually, The three of us (Her brother, her and I.) were even room mates, but at that point, I was a drugged-out loser and she wanted no part of that.

Years went by and both of us sailed through pointless relationships and every once in awhile, would drop hints to each other, but the timing was never right.

As of a week and a half ago...We both broke up with our significant others on the same day.

We've been talking on and off since about our situations, and they're both the same.

We both have just never have been happy with who we've been with (And hinted at, that we've both thought about each other a lot of the time during.)

Finally, I made the move and we're gonna' go out this Sunday.

And in true happy-ending fashion, she ended the converstaion with "It's a date".

Then...small magical, talking mice broke into a musical around our ankles.

Wish me luck peoples. I could wipe away over a decade of failed love with this one.

If all goes well, I'll copy and paste this to her one day in the spirit of true geek romance.

P.S. She's the one that taught me how to get the fireworks by jumping on the timer at the right time in Super Mario Bros. back when it was the hot shit.

Top that!

• Like 5

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This chick rules by the way.

She's smart as shit.

Hot as hell by my standards (Half black and half white...banging body)

Funny

Into the same shit I am

Probably could actually keep my attention and make me stop binge drinking.

I'm sorry...I'm geeking.

Share love stories or whatever,

This chick rules by the way.

She's smart as shit.

Hot as hell by my standards (messican)

Funny,sarcastic and can double talk

Into the same shit I am(and more...minus fighting games and loitering at chinese buffets with tupperware hidden in pockets)

completely keeps my attention......i am still amazed by this

also believes mullets are really alien symbiotes...but i think she is humoring me but is seriously amused by my childlike fascination when in the vicinity of a mullet

yea.....